2024 Land Cruiser smallest wheel

WolfgangAlpha

πŸ“› Founding Member
Nov 3, 2023
Arkansas
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
From what I have seen and read the wheel size on the 1958 is 18 inches. What I can't seem to find is what would be the smallest diameter wheel you could run on it?

No one has been able to get close enough to actually take measurements and confirm just yet, but a 17" wheel may be too small due to the size of the brakes, based on some of the videos. If a 17" does fit, it's gonna be super tight in there.

No one has been able to get close enough to actually take measurements and confirm just yet, but a 17" wheel may be too small due to the size of the brakes, based on some of the videos. If a 17" does fit, it's gonna be super tight in there.
Thanks. Years ago I had a 2007 FJ cruiser and ran 16 inch wheels and a beefy off road tire and it looked great. Kinda want to go that route again. Hopefully we won't have to wait terribly long to find out.

Some 17" wheels can fit Tundra and Sequoia so I'd assume that'll be the case for Land Cruiser, I personally won't do 17" because it'll be too tight fit and if I get a stone stuck between the wheel and the caliper it's not gonna be pretty

anyone know if 17" wheels will fit? Or 18" the smallest with the brake/rotor/caliper setup? Also anyone have the specific stock wheel specs?

anyone know if 17" wheels will fit? Or 18" the smallest with the brake/rotor/caliper setup? Also anyone have the specific stock wheel specs?
this is only speculation...I can't find ANY JDM wheels that indicate smaller than 18" being available for the J250...that doesn't mean they don't exist, I simply haven't found them.

additionally, with the offset being so high, I'm assuming that based on what I see here, 18" is the minimum because Jaos supports the platform and doesn't have anything else available. I've found the same results on multiple JDM pages so I'm inclined to believe it's accurate. IDK, I guess we'll see as time goes on.

1714050578018.png

From what I have seen and read the wheel size on the 1958 is 18 inches. What I can't seem to find is what would be the smallest diameter wheel you could run on it?
From the specs page:
Front disc brake rotor diameter (in.): 17
Rear disc brake rotor diameter (in.): 17

I think that means 18" will be the smallest when that will fit.

From the specs page:

I think that means 18" will be the smallest when that will fit.

You are correct.

The Tacoma has 17" wheels until you get the iFORCEMAX on TRD models. Then the brake rotor size requires 18"wheels. 18" min and 20" optional.

You are correct.

The Tacoma has 17" wheels until you get the iFORCEMAX on TRD models. Then the brake rotor size requires 18"wheels. 18" min and 20" optional.
Clearly an error. You cannot fit an 18" wheel over a 17" rotor. The wheels are definitely 18" so there is no way that the rotors are actually 17".

if its the same as the tunda you can but there is not much space and its hard to balance

Back