Windshield imperfection possibly

KyLandcruiser

📛 Founding Member
Jun 14, 2024
Media
kentucky
Vehicles
99 landcruiser, 24 landcruiser
I was cleaning my windshield (outside) and noticed a spot. I’ve tried to clean the spot with windshield cleaner, isopropyl alcohol and carb cleaner. I did the inside as well. The spot is barely noticeable on the inside. I guess the next time I go to dealer I’ll have to have them check it out. I can add a pic when I get a chance if anyone would like to see.

I was cleaning my windshield (outside) and noticed a spot. I’ve tried to clean the spot with windshield cleaner, isopropyl alcohol and carb cleaner. I did the inside as well. The spot is barely noticeable on the inside. I guess the next time I go to dealer I’ll have to have them check it out. I can add a pic when I get a chance if anyone would like to see.
I was taking my new LC through the car wash todday and my windshield cracked. I think it may have been a rock chip combined with the temperature change that killed it but man am I bummed. I've barely owned it since late July and cannot find a windshield place that even offers the 2024 LC windshield.

I was taking my new LC through the car wash todday and my windshield cracked. I think it may have been a rock chip combined with the temperature change that killed it but man am I bummed. I've barely owned it since late July and cannot find a windshield place that even offers the 2024 LC windshield.
That’s a bummer. I’m not worried about replacing mine unless it’s a lamination spot that gets worse. If it gets worse it needs to be noted. It could be a stubborn stain.

Mine cracked really easy and it’s taking over month to get repaired due to parts from Toyota slow to get…. I’m hoping I don’t have the same problem as my Jeep …. Replace every month from rocks

I believe the angle of the windshield is not optimal. Being more vertical, it has less of a deflective rate resulting in more of an impact.

Mine cracked really easy and it’s taking over month to get repaired due to parts from Toyota slow to get…. I’m hoping I don’t have the same problem as my Jeep …. Replace every month from rocks
I have a feeling I will be replacing many a windshield with the LC. The verical angle of the windshield is very much like the Jeep and the Jeep owners are the windshield replacement companies best customers. I was really surprised how I had only driven it for a month and already had to replace my windshield. I replaced one windshield in 10 years driving my 4Runner.

Update… I talked to several dealerships and there is NO ETA on the front windshield molding needed in order to replace my windshield!!! According to three dealerships this is a national back order item!!!! So, heads up if you have a cracked windshield it cannot be repaired at this time!!!!😡😡😡😡😡

I had Exoshield installed on mine as soon as I could around 175 miles. I've had it installed on several other vehicles including a 4Runner and it does help, especially with the more vertical windshields. It isn't bullet proof but can help prevent chipping and most defintely helps with pitting. They also provide a replacement warranty in case it does get chipped/cracked.

I believe the angle of the windshield is not optimal. Being more vertical, it has less of a deflective rate resulting in more of an impact.
My 16 Yr old FJ cruiser had a much more vertical windshield and the only time I ever had a crack was when I was loading a roll of carpet from the back and hit the windshield from inside.

Update… I talked to several dealerships and there is NO ETA on the front windshield molding needed in order to replace my windshield!!! According to three dealerships this is a national back order item!!!! So, heads up if you have a cracked windshield it cannot be repaired at this time!!!!😡😡😡😡😡
That is crazy I am going to ask my buddy who owns a windshield company see what he says!

It’s not a large crack but… annoying

Attachments

• IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_4034.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 34
Toyota Corporate called me yesterday and advised my windshield molding was sent to dealership for pick up! My glass company is coming out today to repair my windshield…. Hopefully I can avoid some rocks for at least a little while… definitely need to research how to strengthen my glass in windshield 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m sure Jeep owners may have the answers to that rock chip problem

Toyota Corporate called me yesterday and advised my windshield molding was sent to dealership for pick up! My glass company is coming out today to repair my windshield…. Hopefully I can avoid some rocks for at least a little while… definitely need to research how to strengthen my glass in windshield 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m sure Jeep owners may have the answers to that rock chip problem
I'd recommend Exoshield. It's about the best you can do to protect your windshield. It's not bullet proof, but it does help.

I'd recommend Exoshield. It's about the best you can do to protect your windshield. It's not bullet proof, but it does help.
I definitely will look into the Exoshield. Thanks for the tip. Less than 2 months in and have palm size crack on the passenger side and awaiting the $1k plus replacement!

Back