Windshield imperfection possibly

KyLandcruiser

📛 Founding Member
Jun 14, 2024
Media
kentucky
Vehicles
99 landcruiser, 24 landcruiser
I was cleaning my windshield (outside) and noticed a spot. I’ve tried to clean the spot with windshield cleaner, isopropyl alcohol and carb cleaner. I did the inside as well. The spot is barely noticeable on the inside. I guess the next time I go to dealer I’ll have to have them check it out. I can add a pic when I get a chance if anyone would like to see.

I was cleaning my windshield (outside) and noticed a spot. I’ve tried to clean the spot with windshield cleaner, isopropyl alcohol and carb cleaner. I did the inside as well. The spot is barely noticeable on the inside. I guess the next time I go to dealer I’ll have to have them check it out. I can add a pic when I get a chance if anyone would like to see.
I was taking my new LC through the car wash todday and my windshield cracked. I think it may have been a rock chip combined with the temperature change that killed it but man am I bummed. I've barely owned it since late July and cannot find a windshield place that even offers the 2024 LC windshield.

I was taking my new LC through the car wash todday and my windshield cracked. I think it may have been a rock chip combined with the temperature change that killed it but man am I bummed. I've barely owned it since late July and cannot find a windshield place that even offers the 2024 LC windshield.
That’s a bummer. I’m not worried about replacing mine unless it’s a lamination spot that gets worse. If it gets worse it needs to be noted. It could be a stubborn stain.

Mine cracked really easy and it’s taking over month to get repaired due to parts from Toyota slow to get…. I’m hoping I don’t have the same problem as my Jeep …. Replace every month from rocks

I believe the angle of the windshield is not optimal. Being more vertical, it has less of a deflective rate resulting in more of an impact.

Mine cracked really easy and it’s taking over month to get repaired due to parts from Toyota slow to get…. I’m hoping I don’t have the same problem as my Jeep …. Replace every month from rocks
I have a feeling I will be replacing many a windshield with the LC. The verical angle of the windshield is very much like the Jeep and the Jeep owners are the windshield replacement companies best customers. I was really surprised how I had only driven it for a month and already had to replace my windshield. I replaced one windshield in 10 years driving my 4Runner.

Update… I talked to several dealerships and there is NO ETA on the front windshield molding needed in order to replace my windshield!!! According to three dealerships this is a national back order item!!!! So, heads up if you have a cracked windshield it cannot be repaired at this time!!!!😡😡😡😡😡

I had Exoshield installed on mine as soon as I could around 175 miles. I've had it installed on several other vehicles including a 4Runner and it does help, especially with the more vertical windshields. It isn't bullet proof but can help prevent chipping and most defintely helps with pitting. They also provide a replacement warranty in case it does get chipped/cracked.

I believe the angle of the windshield is not optimal. Being more vertical, it has less of a deflective rate resulting in more of an impact.
My 16 Yr old FJ cruiser had a much more vertical windshield and the only time I ever had a crack was when I was loading a roll of carpet from the back and hit the windshield from inside.

Update… I talked to several dealerships and there is NO ETA on the front windshield molding needed in order to replace my windshield!!! According to three dealerships this is a national back order item!!!! So, heads up if you have a cracked windshield it cannot be repaired at this time!!!!😡😡😡😡😡
That is crazy I am going to ask my buddy who owns a windshield company see what he says!

It’s not a large crack but… annoying

Attachments

• IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_4034.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 21
Back