Winch

Yeah but I don’t think many LCs will need a 200 foot pull. I guess the people who go into deep mud or trenches go for more dedicated off-road vehicles.
You should go with what you're comfortable with. I guess you've never used a fairlead or tripled up on pulleys for a mechanical advantage.

SDHQ off road created a whole kit for the Tunda hybrid to wire power from the battery to under the hood. They said they have engineers looking at the LC. The kit costs $1200….

SDHQ off road created a whole kit for the Tunda hybrid to wire power from the battery to under the hood. They said they have engineers looking at the LC. The kit costs $1200….
That's good. There should be far more LC/4runner hybrids sold than Tacoma hybrids. The 6th gen 4Runner looks to have a segmented front bumper like outs.

Having grownup with come-alongs and chain winches........... 15-20 foot forward progress at a time, on a 200 foot pull, gets old really fast. 90 foot forward progress at a time with an electric winch, wins every time.......LOL
Yeah but if you need to winch backwards with a front mounted winch, and don’t have pulleys, anchors and straps to ”reroute” the pull, it gets useless very fast.

Each type has its disadvantages and advantages. I usually try to avoid getting into situations where I would need to winch for more than 10-20 feet, so for me the versatility to be able to winch in any direction with a hand cranked winch outweighs a powered front mounted winch. But yeah, it would suck to winch 200 feet with it.

Back