Will First Editions arrive First?

I’ll either put winters on the 20’s or just dump them. I went with the Premium for everything else.

Be nice to read a road test. Never seen one even started up yet on all the prototypes on youtube.
TFL has a first exhaust sound Shorts. The second video is the closest to a road test so far. Some better off road video staring at 3:32.

I don't think anyone will be buying the landcruiser for the sound. LOL I'm anxious for some more first drive videos. I believe TFL mentioned they were scheduled to drive it in April. :unsure:

TFL has a first exhaust sound Shorts. The second video is the closest to a road test so far. Some better off road video staring at 3:32.

I posted this here awhile back. It died a slow death with most responding "could care less" how it sounds. I hope it's better than my I4 Bronco which is like a gas powered golf cart! Hoping the LC comes across a bit less buzzy.

I saw a video with a Toyota rep who said they will not be swappable, but I don't believe her. I think they will use them as selling tools.
looking at the hood line, grille position and bumper corner, it's very UNLIKELY that they can't be swapped. Makes no sense for Toyota to have designed 2 separate body structures just for headlights.

However, these headlights are going to be expensive, probably between $1.5-2k for a pair just for parts alone

looking at the hood line, grille position and bumper corner, it's very UNLIKELY that they can't be swapped. Makes no sense for Toyota to have designed 2 separate body structures just for headlights.

However, these headlights are going to be expensive, probably between $1.5-2k for a pair just for parts alone
Agreed on both counts

The Toyota rep in this video mentions the headlights will be interchangeable and are plug and play.

(40 sec mark)

Lots of great info in that video. I rather liked the idea of sustainability as part of the design.

hi everyone, one advantage of this forum, I don't want round lights, while I am out for a 1958. I will carefully take round out, shipping on me, to whoever ships me square headlights, prepaid.
Also I know for sure that initially, only higher priced 5000 First Editions will be shipped to US

hi everyone, one advantage of this forum, I don't want round lights, while I am out for a 1958. I will carefully take round out, shipping on me, to whoever ships me square headlights, prepaid.
Also I know for sure that initially, only higher priced 5000 First Editions will be shipped to US
How do you know that? Just wondering, what's your source of information? I will ship you rect. headlights, but you must pay for shipping.

the Canadian First Edition looks to be "de-contented" compared to what we already know of the US specs.
US gets cool box center console for one, I guess Canada doesn't need cool box
Toyota excels at "de-contenting."

From the Toyota Newsroom website:

Limited to 5,000 units for the first two months of production, Land Cruiser will be offered in a First Edition grade that includes two new two-tone paint colors and additional off-road equipment.

who would swap them out ? the dealer or an independent shop / DIY ?

You could have anyone you want swap them out. Shouldn't be too difficult. If you like spinning a wrench, I suggest you have fun doing it yourself. I did this with my Mustang and it looks way worse than how easy the process really was.

Attachments

• 2024-02-20_09h23_39.png
    2024-02-20_09h23_39.png
    386.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 2024-02-20_09h23_55.png
    2024-02-20_09h23_55.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 2024-02-20_09h24_25.png
    2024-02-20_09h24_25.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 75
Back