Which Version of the LC Build is this?

Marinna

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I saw this picture online.... It has an additional volume button and an "IDLE" button in the center console. Also the car seems doesn't come with central diff lock. Is this the European build?

2024_toyota_land_cruiser_37_2560x1440.jpg

There is also an HDMI connector. I wonder if we can get these oversea parts from ebay or JDM and connect these missing controls to our LC?

Other than it obviously being left hand drive, it looks very similar to the spec we get here in South Africa in right hand drive. Our entry level TX model is basically a 1958 spec minus the round lights and our top level VXR spec (pictured below) is the First Edition spec plus a few added features. Ours all have the lower volume knob, Idle button, HDMI, etc plus 7 seats, and the 2.8 turbo diesel.

Attachments

• clyhavvnt1cz6r4akkvij0y6x-lc-prado-full-dash-ret.desktop.png
    clyhavvnt1cz6r4akkvij0y6x-lc-prado-full-dash-ret.desktop.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
Other than it obviously being left hand drive, it looks very similar to the spec we get here in South Africa in right hand drive. Our entry level TX model is basically a 1958 spec minus the round lights and our top level VXR spec (pictured below) is the First Edition spec plus a few added features. Ours all have the lower volume knob, Idle button, HDMI, etc plus 7 seats, and the 2.8 turbo diesel.
That sounds like the kind of configuration I would want more than First Edition. How is the gas efficiency for the non-hybrid version?

Fuel efficiency on the diesel is probably quite good. We will never see it in North America

That sounds like the kind of configuration I would want more than First Edition. How is the gas efficiency for the non-hybrid version?
Real world numbers I've seen reported locally on the LC250 2.8 turbo diesel are around 24mpg combined city/highway/slow bush driving and as high as 29mpg for extended highway driving, but a lot depends on load and enthusiasm, obviously. The 2.8 TD platform itself is bombproof as they come, tweaked version of the one that's been in the Hilux for years which is legendary.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the volume control in not in the same spot as here in the US (beside the screen)

Back