Wheel locks

• Thread starter Deleted member 1003
  • Start date
Discussion of car theft opens a very large can of worms. A pro who really wants your car will get it despite your best efforts. Every dealer has a vested interest in selling you an alarm system beyond what the LC has as a standard installation. My dealer wanted to install a satellite tracking system with annual fees. Once I started investigating alarm options it became a rabbit hole leading to paranoia. I became aware that your key fob is constantly trying to reach out to your car, so if you have it parked in the open a team of thieves can stand in front of your home with a simple antenna setup, clone your key and be gone with your car in 30 seconds! (actual footage available of these "relay attacks" on YouTube)

I haven't figured out a cost effective solution. I hide an apple Air Tag in my LC.

Also, I'm looking for a Trunk Monkey...

Discussion of car theft opens a very large can of worms. A pro who really wants your car will get it despite your best efforts. Every dealer has a vested interest in selling you an alarm system beyond what the LC has as a standard installation. My dealer wanted to install a satellite tracking system with annual fees. Once I started investigating alarm options it became a rabbit hole leading to paranoia. I became aware that your key fob is constantly trying to reach out to your car, so if you have it parked in the open a team of thieves can stand in front of your home with a simple antenna setup, clone your key and be gone with your car in 30 seconds! (actual footage available of these "relay attacks" on YouTube)

I haven't figured out a cost effective solution. I hide an apple Air Tag in my LC.

You just need to buy a quality faraday cage/pouch for your keys. Anywhere from $15-$30.

Zero cost method is to turn your fob off. Very easy to do but if you're like me you'll forget over time. I have fraaday pouches for my Taco and will get some for the LC. The key I have hidden in the Taco is turned off and is stored in a pouch. The pouch in the house is where I place my keys, so I don't forget. If you carry a bag, the larger pouches are easy to get the fobs in/out.

Trunk Monkey for the win!

Best ads ever.

I’ve invested in a large Faraday box which blocks all fob signals from being scanned from the street.It came w 2pouches also to block signals when your traveling also or camping/checked into a hotel etc .

To improve key FOB security, place the FOB into "Battery Saving Mode" (BSM) ** after ** exiting and locking the Land Cruiser.

BSM completely disables the key FOB--improving security and increasing life of the CR2450 battery.
To enter BSM, Press and Hold the LOCK button. While holding down the LOCK button, press the UNLOCK button twice.
The red LED on the FOB will flash 4 times, verifying the FOB is in BSM.

For all the details of this subject, please refer to the LC 2024 Owner's Manual, pp. 152-156.
Important Note: BSM prevents the FOB be being used.
To Cancel BSM, press any of the key FOB buttons...

Depending on the type of additional security you're looking for, an option to review might be disklok.
Recommend getting the Cover for the LC steering wheel to prevent disklok from possibly making marks on the steering wheel.
Main Site
Steering Wheel Cover
Storage Case
Disklok Small

According my discussion with disklok USA, the size needed for the steering wheel includes the thickness of their Steering Wheel Cover.
Disklok also told me that if a steering wheel diameter borders between the maximum (Small) and minimum sizes (Medium), it's always best to select smaller size disklok (next size down)...rather than going with a larger size.
For example:
Small size: 13.7 - 15.3 inches
Medium size: 15.4 - 16.3 inches

For the LC steering wheel--which is difficult to get the exact diameter because the center of steering wheel protrudes--it's about 15 inches or so. Given Disklok's technical support advice, Small is what I selected.

I recently received all of the above items, and Small is the proper size for the 2024 LC steering wheel.
Absolutely phenomenal design.
One just needs to take time and be careful installing it over the covered steering wheel...because it's quite heavy.
You don't want to bang it into anything on the steering column, dash, or anything else...

To improve key FOB security, place the FOB into "Battery Saving Mode" (BSM) ** after ** exiting and locking the Land Cruiser.

BSM completely disables the key FOB--improving security and increasing life of the CR2450 battery.
To enter BSM, Press and Hold the LOCK button. While holding down the LOCK button, press the UNLOCK button twice.
The red LED on the FOB will flash 4 times, verifying the FOB is in BSM.

For all the details of this subject, please refer to the LC 2024 Owner's Manual, pp. 152-156.
Important Note: BSM prevents the FOB be being used.
To Cancel BSM, press any of the key FOB buttons...

Depending on the type of additional security you're looking for, an option to review might be disklok.
Recommend getting the Cover for the LC steering wheel to prevent disklok from possibly making marks on the steering wheel.
Main Site
Steering Wheel Cover
Storage Case
Disklok Small

According my discussion with disklok USA, the size needed for the steering wheel includes the thickness of their Steering Wheel Cover.
Disklok also told me that if a steering wheel diameter borders between the maximum (Small) and minimum sizes (Medium), it's always best to select smaller size disklok (next size down)...rather than going with a larger size.
For example:
Small size: 13.7 - 15.3 inches
Medium size: 15.4 - 16.3 inches

For the LC steering wheel--which is difficult to get the exact diameter because the center of steering wheel protrudes--it's about 15 inches or so. Given Disklok's technical support advice, Small is what I selected.

I recently received all of the above items, and Small is the proper size for the 2024 LC steering wheel.
Absolutely phenomenal design.
One just needs to take time and be careful installing it over the covered steering wheel...because it's quite heavy.
You don't want to bang it into anything on the steering column, dash, or anything else...
This reply sounds like you live somewhere like Memphis or Chicago. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back