Wheel locks

• Thread starter Deleted member 1003
  • Start date
Discussion of car theft opens a very large can of worms. A pro who really wants your car will get it despite your best efforts. Every dealer has a vested interest in selling you an alarm system beyond what the LC has as a standard installation. My dealer wanted to install a satellite tracking system with annual fees. Once I started investigating alarm options it became a rabbit hole leading to paranoia. I became aware that your key fob is constantly trying to reach out to your car, so if you have it parked in the open a team of thieves can stand in front of your home with a simple antenna setup, clone your key and be gone with your car in 30 seconds! (actual footage available of these "relay attacks" on YouTube)

I haven't figured out a cost effective solution. I hide an apple Air Tag in my LC.

Also, I'm looking for a Trunk Monkey...

Discussion of car theft opens a very large can of worms. A pro who really wants your car will get it despite your best efforts. Every dealer has a vested interest in selling you an alarm system beyond what the LC has as a standard installation. My dealer wanted to install a satellite tracking system with annual fees. Once I started investigating alarm options it became a rabbit hole leading to paranoia. I became aware that your key fob is constantly trying to reach out to your car, so if you have it parked in the open a team of thieves can stand in front of your home with a simple antenna setup, clone your key and be gone with your car in 30 seconds! (actual footage available of these "relay attacks" on YouTube)

I haven't figured out a cost effective solution. I hide an apple Air Tag in my LC.

You just need to buy a quality faraday cage/pouch for your keys. Anywhere from $15-$30.

Zero cost method is to turn your fob off. Very easy to do but if you're like me you'll forget over time. I have fraaday pouches for my Taco and will get some for the LC. The key I have hidden in the Taco is turned off and is stored in a pouch. The pouch in the house is where I place my keys, so I don't forget. If you carry a bag, the larger pouches are easy to get the fobs in/out.

Trunk Monkey for the win!

Best ads ever.

Iโ€™ve invested in a large Faraday box which blocks all fob signals from being scanned from the street.It came w 2pouches also to block signals when your traveling also or camping/checked into a hotel etc .

Back