Wheel locks

• Thread starter Deleted member 1003
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1003

Someone please send me a link for some recommended wheel locks that fit the new LC and hopefully match the stock chrome lug nuts. Toyota has some that are chrome in the picture and are labeled “black chrome”

Thanks

You are the best ! General ballpark on ft/lb tightness? 80-100 ?

These being 14x1.5mm it is safe to assume lug nut torque spec is the same as 22-up Tundra 97ft/lbs

Where as other Toyota (ie 5th Gen 4R, 3rd Taco, GR Corolla)12x1.5mm is 76ft/lbs

You are the best ! General ballpark on ft/lb tightness? 80-100 ?
Torque spec according to TIS is 97 ft-lb
1718299681880.png

Beautiful. Very appreciated.

Do you know if the LC is avail on the rental TIS or just dealers at this time. I don't want to do the short term subscription just to find out it's not available yet.
No idea - I'm a TMNA corp employee so I have access to it. Not sure what level of access the retail or dealer licensing has.

These being 14x1.5mm it is safe to assume lug nut torque spec is the same as 22-up Tundra 97ft/lbs

Where as other Toyota (ie 5th Gen 4R, 3rd Taco, GR Corolla)12x1.5mm is 76ft/lbs
Can you point me to where the 14x1.5mm bolt spec is documented? Can't find it anywhere in the manuals I have for the 2024 LC.

Can you point me to where the 14x1.5mm bolt spec is documented? Can't find it anywhere in the manuals I have for the 2024 LC.
It isn't in the manual, but its a well known spec for the Tundra/Sequoia and the wheel lock/lug nut part numbers are the same between both platforms, so logically, the thread size and pitch has to be identical.

1718810538425.png

Thanks for replying. I don’t have access to these documents. I did confirm PN to be accurate.

Appreciate input here -any ideas where best to acquire ?Straight from Toyota vs else where’s ?Btw anybody else running around w a stoopid grin on their faces after just taking delivery?

I always saw wheel locks as more of a hassle than anything else.. if someone really wants your wheels locks like these wont stop them.

Just installed OEM wheel locks on mine. Purchased The locks at a Toyota Dealer in Newark DE. Part number is PT2763423000. I just put them on as I'm going on a trip to north NJ and parking in a public lot. Install was easy enough. Cost was $76.50 and you bet I have the "Stupid Grin" for sure.

X2 on the "if they want your wheels, they'll get them" Auto part stores are now selling locking lug nut removal tools. A hammer and a lug wrench and you can remove just about all of the current locking lug nuts.

I am more concerned about catalytic converter theft than wheel theft. I am not sure you have to worry about wheel theft with factory wheels but custom wheels are a different story.

I am more concerned about catalytic converter theft than wheel theft. I am not sure you have to worry about wheel theft with factory wheels but custom wheels are a different story.
The catalytic converter is tucked up by the engine behind the skid plates. Theft would be quite the challenge.

The catalytic converter is tucked up by the engine behind the skid plates. Theft would be quite the challenge.
Appreciate point about relative difficulty of accessing cats for our LCs by thieves .Are folks installing after market alarm systems.My dealer advised one w a “tilt” function if I choose to go that route .Haven’t decided yet.

Back