What's up people!

rhubarb8

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 19, 2024
portola valley ca
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Hi everyone,

My 85 yo father has just decided to buy his last car ever. He has wanted a Land Cruiser since the 1980s and he has a white 2024 1958 LC allocated and delivery within a month. I think this is way too much vehicle for him but boys will be boys.

Best to all!

Yep, for sure, boys will be boys. 82 here, and springing for a LC/Premium. Did a LOT of off-roading in my younger years, motorcycles, ATV's, you name it. Now time for comfort. Will I really get off the beaten track much? Probably not, but I want the ability to go off-road if I see something that looks interesting, such as an old railroad grade, or mine tailings in the distance.

Hi everyone,

My 85 yo father has just decided to buy his last car ever. He has wanted a Land Cruiser since the 1980s and he has a white 2024 1958 LC allocated and delivery within a month. I think this is way too much vehicle for him but boys will be boys.

Best to all!
Welcome to the forum rhubarb8.

Hi everyone,

Best to all!
This is great! Welcome!

Woh! That's awesome! I'm 71 and bought my 1958, telling myself that it's probably the last car I buy for myself as well! My '89 FJ62 I had for 17 years, and my FJ Cruiser, I've had for the last 18 years...so, if the LC lasts as long as the old 'Cruisers do...that puts me at around 88 years old. when it gives out
...and my financial futures are projected for me to live 'till 93...Is that 5 years without a 'Cruiser? ...Or will the hybrid last as long as the gas guzzlers?

Back