What wax to use

I typically complete the process over 2-3 days.
I admire the effort. I bet your LC looks incredible.

Years, probably decades, ago, I spent some time on a few car detailing websites. I don't remember people talking about ceramic coating in those days but, like you, people used to spend days detailing their cars. They used prewash soaps, car wash soaps, deionized water, clear coat conditioner, multiple types of wax, sealants, all kinds of stuff.

Then 3M came out with its 39030 and 39026 sealants. It was a revelation and really changed a lot of peoples' routines. After that, many posters just washed, clay barred and waxed their cars in an hour or two. when I went to the Barret Jackson auction in Phoenix and saw detailers preparing their cars for sale using the 3M stuff, I was sold.

Since I can't get the 3M stuff any more (I've got one bottle left), I've started using Meguiar's Ultimate wax. My LC's roof is my test bed. It is impressive stuff, easy on/off, slick to the touch and great shine. All I'm waiting to learn is whether it holds up. Fingers crossed.

I can't imagine it's as good as your ceramic technique, but so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Nothing wrong with wax! I've used some higher end waxes before I switched to ceramic coating several years ago. The wax helped keep the car clean, shiny, and protected. The obvious disadvantage is the need to reapply to maintain the benefits. Ceramic coating provides longer lasting protection, but even then it still needs to be maintained for optimum performance. Even if you don't do a paint correction, a good quality ceramic coating will reduce the amount of work you need to do to keep the car clean and maintained. The pic shows the paint after correction, but before applying the coating.
IMG_5997_2024 .jpg

Back