What OEM tires from dealer would you ask for?

mrpoopyface

📛 Founding Member
Jul 6, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
wagoneer
My LC / LC with 18's shows up this weekend at the dealer. I'm thinking of asking them to do a lift or larger ( beefier tires ). What size OEM tires that a Toyota dealer would have in stock would you ask for?

275/70R18 is a nice size and fits well. Or go with the stock 265/70R18 size and something in standard load for a lighter tire. See the spreadsheet linked in my signature.

My LC / LC with 18's shows up this weekend at the dealer. I'm thinking of asking them to do a lift or larger ( beefier tires ). What size OEM tires that a Toyota dealer would have in stock would you ask for?
Depends on what your wheeling needs are. The 275/70r18 is just slightly bigger and barely effects your speedometer but I don't know how if at all it would effect your gear ratio. I'm guessing that it is negligible considering the very slight difference. There are only 2 brands Nitto and General that has this size in a SL load. A heavy 10 ply E load tire is going to have a hit to your MPG and this thing only has a 17 gallon tank which would be fine if it actually got the numbers advertised.
Or go with a stock 265/70r18 size as there are more options for the SL load. But if non of that matters to you and you want as big as possible without altering your suspension the 285/70r18 just fits with no rub in real world off road conditions but you'll need a different offset on your wheel but I've only seen one that is not E load. It's the Falken AT4W tire in a C load. Still plenty heavy compare to stock so you'll get a MPG hit but not as heavy as the E load tire.
The +60mm offset on the stock wheels in pretty tight so people are running +45,+40 and +35 offsets to have a bit of space for the bigger tire without sticking out so much that you'll be dealing with rubbing and having to trim. I'm personally running a 285/65r18 with +45 offset Tacoma TRD wheel (see picture) and I'm pretty happy about them as they have a wider stance and are beefier but still maintain stock diameter.
Hope this helps and congrats on your new LC!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_6a2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6a2.jpeg
    785.9 KB · Views: 11
Back