USB Ports on Land Cruiser

markww

📛 Founding Member
May 21, 2024
california
Vehicles
toyota 2024 Landcruiser
Having trouble connecting to my USB ports with engine running not charging what I am not doing. I want to hook up my small 4ALLFamily medical cooler no luck.

You need to look at the power requirements vs what power is being delivered through the ports.

I remember from a YouTube video that new Tacoma usb-c port marked 45W. That’s my best guess.

I’m going to guess it is delivering 40-50 watts. They sell USB cables with a meter in it that will display what it is putting out.

What kind of wattage does the fridge require? Does it work if you plug in a phone?

I’m going to guess it is delivering 40-50 watts. They sell USB cables with a meter in it that will display what it is putting out.

What kind of wattage does the fridge require? Does it work if you plug in a phone?
This is a very small medical cooler paper work is all at home we are on Vancouver Island back to Southern California new Land Cruiser is very different but do not get me wrong just a learning curve just love are new cruiser. Non hybrid no problem. It’s all very new.

This is a very small medical cooler paper work is all at home we are on Vancouver Island back to Southern California new Land Cruiser is very different but do not get me wrong just a learning curve just love are new cruiser. Non hybrid no problem. It’s all very new.
You could always plug it in to a wall charger and plug that into the 110 outlet in the back. Not a permanent solution but might get you through till you can find a better one.

My arb freezer. Fridge reajusted my arb you have 3 settings I was always on number 1 changed to number 2 working much better you know of anyone running solar on there hybrid when parked in the sun.

I suggest testing the USB cable somewhere else (not the car), or try another one. Sometimes they give problems.

Do the USB-C ports charge a standard USB-C laptop? That would be awesome for long trips or if you are working from your car for the day. Not needing to run a plug from the rear of the vehicle would be a nice plus.

Do the USB-C ports charge a standard USB-C laptop? That would be awesome for long trips or if you are working from your car for the day. Not needing to run a plug from the rear of the vehicle would be a nice plus.
I'm pretty sure a USB-C is the same across the board. There are two types "data + power" or "power only"

Looks like none support QC / PD. I see a retailer offering a plug, but I need to tear out the center console and see if it will install easily.

Max I can get out of the supplied plugs is 14W.

Looks like none support QC / PD. I see a retailer offering a plug, but I need to tear out the center console and see if it will install easily.

Never had a LC USB out before but if it's anything like the Taco, the higher amp aftermarket one wasn't plug in play, had to use some JB weld to center it in an OEM housing.

1722958299137.png
1722958323510.png

This is what it looks like. Also never mind. It's only QC 3.0. 18w max maybe?

Will this power a radar detector (12v) with the usb-c to rj-11 cable you are selling?

What is the screen up on the dash? Is it for an aftermarket camera that you can leave on, or for a media player?

I bought a Panasonic ionizer from Japan. The connection was USB-C on the ionizer to a USB power source. As you all know, the LC does not have USB ports, only USB-C ports. I tired using a USB-C to USB-C cable and it would not power the ionizer. Long story short, I ordered an USB adapter from Amazon and it worked.

Attachments

• 20240911_122933.jpg
    20240911_122933.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240911_122645.jpg
    20240911_122645.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 25
Back