TRD Land Cruiser?

I also had a 2010 4Runner Trail that I owned for 14 years before my 1958. I wish they would do a spiritual successor of the Trail with the LC. It had ALL the off road goodies (KDSS, MTS, ATRAC, e-locker and my favorite a real physical t-case lever with solid mechanical connection) and very understated trim, blacked out chrome and NO extra badges. Those that know, knew, those that don't well it wouldn't have impressed them anyway.
My 2010 4Runner Trail. Drove it for 11 years and sold it to family friends son. He's been taking it everywhere and I told him the only caveat to buying my truck was he had to send me photos of his adventures from time to time. lol Great truck! Never had one issue.

Attachments

• EaA0g8vBR56qR6vDaFNa6Q.jpg
    EaA0g8vBR56qR6vDaFNa6Q.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 12
I almost bought a 2021, before they disappeared. I was willing to swallow the horrible fuel economy.. I mean, what was I going to do, take the money with me when I died? I like Miss Daisy just fine..
I remember in 2019/2020 when dealers couldn't get rid of them. $10k - $12k off MSRP was the norm and they still weren't selling.

You know, if I were to drive a 200 today, I would be disappointed after owning the 250 with its overall better looks, much better driving, and overall updated feel. The 200 is like going back in history at this point. However, I would still buy one if I could get it right and use as a workhorse along with my 250.

I remember in 2019/2020 when dealers couldn't get rid of them. $10k - $12k off MSRP was the norm and they still weren't selling.

You know, if I were to drive a 200 today, I would be disappointed after owning the 250 with its overall better looks, much better driving, and overall updated feel. The 200 is like going back in history at this point. However, I would still buy one if I could get it right and use as a workhorse along with my 250.
Yea. I like Miss Daisy. A lot. More than my oldest son’s 2021 LC’s. He and his wife liked their 2015(ish) LC so much, that they bought two of them in 2021, since they would be the very last V8’s made. But, she has since sold hers, and bought a big Mercedes SUV for their growing family. (not the G wagon). My son will probably die with his still in the garage.

I remember hearing about them prior to being discontinued. I was told that they only imported 5,000 a year into the USA. Many times, they couldn’t sell all of them, and they ended up unloading them to the state department, who up-armored them for diplomats to use over seas. I don’t know if that is true or not.

Last edited:
Yea. I like Miss Daisy. A lot. More than my oldest son’s 2021 LC’s. He and his wife liked their 2015(ish) LC so much, that they bought two of them in 2021, since they would be the very last V8’s made. But, she has since sold hers, and bought a big Mercedes SUV for their growing family. (not the G wagon). My son will probably die with his still in the garage.

I remember hearing about them prior to being discontinued. I was told that they only imported 5,000 a year into the USA. Many times, they couldn’t sell all of them, and they ended up unloading them to the state department, who up-armored them for diplomats to use over seas. I don’t know if that is true or not.
That could be true. I just remember looking at a new one sitting on the showroom floor in that era and the sales manager doing everything, short of giving it to me, to get me to buy it. I was still a confused young man at that time and was going through my troubled Range Rover Sport stage in my life.

So instead of buying one of the most reliable vehicles and toughest vehicles ever manufactured (which ultimately appreciated significantly in the following years), I opted to stay with RR one more time and continue with the headaches and absolute massive depreciation....such is life....

Speaking of all the branding - I really didn't like all the "First Edition" stuff put everywhere on the FE. I removed the shiney v-force max the day I bought it. Unfortunately, we didn't get a nameplate branded landcruiser offered in Canada since 1989 (I'll exclude the FJ although I do consider it a landcruiser). I owned a 105 series that was a no-nonsense build, so I would have been super happy with such a trim offered and aimed at off-roading - like a Trailhunter edition maybe (but with a better name). I'm hoping to come out of stealth mode though once there are more lift and bull bars + winch options available. The goodies on this new series from factory are pretty incredible.

Back