Transmission problem??

OKLA Cruiser

📛 Founding Member
Jul 5, 2024
Oklahoma City
Vehicles
Ram Diesel, Jeep Diesel
I get a max of 18.2 mpg on the highway. Ive noticed when I move the shifter to Manual shift its always in 6th gear. I try to up shift to 7th or 8th and it wont do it. This is at any highway speed. The manual says you should be able to up shift all the way to 8th. am I missing something here? But it makes sense that my highway mileage sucks if it wont go past 6th gear.

Wow, hope this is an isolated issue. I typically go to manual shift in a vehicle so it does not shift/hunt on the hills.

How fast are you going on the highway? The MPGs on these boxy beasts drop off rapidly over 65, unless you are constantly running like 4000+ rpms its probably not related to the gearing

How fast are you going on the highway? The MPGs on these boxy beasts drop off rapidly over 65, unless you are constantly running like 4000+ rpms its probably not related to the gearing
Running 70 its about 2000 to 2200 rpm but when I pull it over to manual it says 6th gear and the rpms don't change
How many RPMs are you at when at seventy mph? And then can you manually up shift all the way to 8th gear?

Back