Toyota Land Cruiser vs Ford Bronco

The bronco is also a base trim without the sway bar disconnect.

Also like the LC, the higher Bronco trims have leather, 360 cameras, 10 speaker audio, upgraded HOSS 3.0 suspension, etc.

Comparing a base to a 1958 is pretty reasonable but there is at least a $10K if not $15K price difference. The Base was a great value trim for the Bronco but Ford cut it.

I bought a 2023 Bronco last August. Took it on one trip of 500 miles and was not impressed with fuel mileage or noise. Used it around town mostly as grocery getter. Retired and really bought it for winter in the Smoky Mountains. In May we went to eat on Mothers Day and took the Bronco. Never had any issues with it but after we ate and returned to car it woukd not start. The screen did not light up and show the Bronco horse assembling…. Headlights worked, taillights worked…. But no system power up and unable to start the vehicle. Finally called towing company and they tried to jumpstart it. No go. Interesting that when I opened up my iPhone the screen in the car would light up with Apple CarPlay….

Had them tow to local Ford dealer and on Monday contacted them. They call me back later that day and wanted to know when I changed the battery in the Bronco. At this point the Bronco had 2350 miles on it. I informed them that the first time the hood had been opened on that vehicle since I took delivery from them was when the tow operator opened it to try and jumpstart it. They then informed me that they discovered that the vehicle had been built with the “wrong” battery installed. They had the correct battery but not the correct hold downs for the right battery, and they would have to get it from Ford. I asked them to overnight it. They called me then on Tuesday and told me that Ford would not overnight the hold downs for the battery and it would probably be Thursday before I would get the Bronco back. Of course that really meant I would not get the vehicle back until Friday. On Saturday that Bronco was traded for R Runner. Unfortunately I am not happy with the tech on the 4 runner but love the vehicle. Talked to the sales manager at my Toyota dealership and they put me on the list for a Land Cruiser. Just got the call that the LC with premium package is on a truck and will be at dealership tomorrow.

I was a loyal Ford customer for years. My brother in law was a Ford employee and I used the A/Z plans for many vehicles. We bought a Ford Edge that had issues…. But still I went back to Ford for the Bronco. Never again. I’m done with Ford forever. I’m looking forward to the Land Cruiser.

I bought a 2023 Bronco last August. Took it on one trip of 500 miles and was not impressed with fuel mileage or noise. Used it around town mostly as grocery getter. Retired and really bought it for winter in the Smoky Mountains. In May we went to eat on Mothers Day and took the Bronco. Never had any issues with it but after we ate and returned to car it woukd not start. The screen did not light up and show the Bronco horse assembling…. Headlights worked, taillights worked…. But no system power up and unable to start the vehicle. Finally called towing company and they tried to jumpstart it. No go. Interesting that when I opened up my iPhone the screen in the car would light up with Apple CarPlay….

Had them tow to local Ford dealer and on Monday contacted them. They call me back later that day and wanted to know when I changed the battery in the Bronco. At this point the Bronco had 2350 miles on it. I informed them that the first time the hood had been opened on that vehicle since I took delivery from them was when the tow operator opened it to try and jumpstart it. They then informed me that they discovered that the vehicle had been built with the “wrong” battery installed. They had the correct battery but not the correct hold downs for the right battery, and they would have to get it from Ford. I asked them to overnight it. They called me then on Tuesday and told me that Ford would not overnight the hold downs for the battery and it would probably be Thursday before I would get the Bronco back. Of course that really meant I would not get the vehicle back until Friday. On Saturday that Bronco was traded for R Runner. Unfortunately I am not happy with the tech on the 4 runner but love the vehicle. Talked to the sales manager at my Toyota dealership and they put me on the list for a Land Cruiser. Just got the call that the LC with premium package is on a truck and will be at dealership tomorrow.

I was a loyal Ford customer for years. My brother in law was a Ford employee and I used the A/Z plans for many vehicles. We bought a Ford Edge that had issues…. But still I went back to Ford for the Bronco. Never again. I’m done with Ford forever. I’m looking forward to the Land Cruiser.
Did you test drive the LC? If so, how did it compare from a noise and comfort perspective?

The LC is due at my dealer tomorrow. I will report back after the dealer preps it and I can test drive it. The noise level in the Bronco is mostly due to the removable hard top. Was never a feature of the Bronco I was impressed with. If they had made one with a regular roof I would have gone for that option. The fuel mileage with the Bronco was terrible, but not sure I drive it enough to ever feel like I had broken in the engine.

The LC is due at my dealer tomorrow. I will report back after the dealer preps it and I can test drive it. The noise level in the Bronco is mostly due to the removable hard top. Was never a feature of the Bronco I was impressed with. If they had made one with a regular roof I would have gone for that option. The fuel mileage with the Bronco was terrible, but not sure I drive it enough to ever feel like I had broken in the engine.

Be curious of what you think.

I still interested in the LC but to replace my GC Limited as an all-rounder and not the Bronco. I took my Bronco to an off-road playground park that I would only bring a Wrangler or Bronco or heavily customized rig to... I would never have brought my former Rivian R1S or Sequoia to this off road area.

I don't think any of these off-road-ish vehicles have good mpg. My 23 Sequoia TRD Pro was advertised at 22mpg on the highway but I was getting sub 19 and around 17 overall. I'm getting 18mpg with the Bronco with Sasquatch.

I told my wife today that I think the Land Cruiser is probably the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Many, many years of F150 and Expeditions included some much loved vehicles, but the LC is the most comfortable and just fun to drive. It’s everything I hope for and more. The 4 runner we had between the Bronco and the LC was nice, but I think the LC has more get up and go, along with a nicer ride. It’s a great looking vehicle and I’m very pleased. The only thing I wish had carried over from the 4 Runner is the power rear tailgate window. But having a power tailgate on the LC is nice.

It’s 1000 times nicer than the Bronco. My dealer was great and I am very pleased. Waiting to break in before I even look at MPG. Bronco wasn’t great. Really don’t care much though what it ends up being. I like the vehicle way too much to give that much consideration in my opinion of the Land Cruiser.

Yeah, I just traded in my 2021 F150 after having two F150s, two Ford Explorer along with two Toyota Highlanders intermixed in there. I really loved my F150s but the first one had significant issues within five years and this second one seemed to have been hit by the Covid manufacturing slump because it had a number of quality issues. So I was resolved to go back to Toyota or Lexus for better quality

Reactions: MJE
I told my wife today that I think the Land Cruiser is probably the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Many, many years of F150 and Expeditions included some much loved vehicles, but the LC is the most comfortable and just fun to drive. It’s everything I hope for and more. The 4 runner we had between the Bronco and the LC was nice, but I think the LC has more get up and go, along with a nicer ride. It’s a great looking vehicle and I’m very pleased. The only thing I wish had carried over from the 4 Runner is the power rear tailgate window. But having a power tailgate on the LC is nice.

It’s 1000 times nicer than the Bronco. My dealer was great and I am very pleased. Waiting to break in before I even look at MPG. Bronco wasn’t great. Really don’t care much though what it ends up being. I like the vehicle way too much to give that much consideration in my opinion of the Land Cruiser.

Yeah like you I was looking for a nicer more modern 4Runner. Something also not built in the Texas/Mexico with QC issues (cough... my former Sequoia) and not a Jeep (my lifters/rockers on the Grand Cherokee were replaced at 6K). With ventilated seats and JBL it should match the GC's level of luxury.

Bronco's interior is budget plastic cheap and the ride is rough but it's my dedicated off-roader and not my daily.

I may wait for the new 4Runner, test drive both, then decide. There's plenty of LCs available and numerous new 4Runner trims to choose from. What I really want is a V6 non-hybrid without the battery hump. I'm not convinced these non-planetary gear SUVs need a hybrid system at all.

View attachment 59

Looks like the SUV wars are heating up! How do you think the new Land Cruiser stacks up against the Bronco? Any current Bronco owners looking to make the switch?

Ford Bronco
Ford BroncoFord Bronco Raptor2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Engine:2.3L EcoBoost2.7L EcoBoost3.0L EcoBoost2.4L i-FORCE MAX
Aspiration:TurbochargedTurbochargedTurbochargedTurbocharged Hybrid
Cylinder type:I-4V6V6I-4
Drivetrain:4×44×44×44×4
Transmission (automatic):10-Speed10-Speed10-Speed8-Speed
Transmission (manual):7-SpeedN/AN/AN/A
Horsepower (premium fuel):300330418326
Torque (ft./lbs) (premium fuel):325415440465
Towing Capacity (lbs.):3500350035006000
FYI - Towing capacity of the Raptor is 4500