Toyota HQ Raided!! Maybe this helps explain the delays we are all facing.

Toyota is eating humble pie as of late. The Tundra was not selling, now the massive engine recall. Then this scandal regarding falsifying safety data. And of course, us wishing a LC are sweating out the hold at ports action.

The LC is not mentioned in the vehicles impacted, true. But, one would expect this has the attention of Toyota executives and therefore may cause the QC issues to move to the back burner. Just wondering what others think. Thanks

Reading the press release, it doesn't appear any of the safety scandal vehicles are sold in the U.S.? Or, are those internal Toyota names?

It affects the company as a whole irregardless of who,what ,when,where and why! Toyota of new is not what we have come to expect of old. Sure hope this is not a sign of what they may become?

It affects the company as a whole irregardless of who,what ,when,where and why! Toyota of new is not what we have come to expect of old. Sure hope this is not a sign of what they may become?
My feeling is Toyota is becoming profit-centric vs customer-centric. However, they still make great reliable vehicles. We will see how it shakes out with the transition from tried-and-true normally-aspirated engines to smaller-displacement turbo powerplants. They have excelled in the hybrid realm.

This was Japan Market vehicles only and impacted number of Japan local market OEM (Honda, Mazda, etcโ€ฆJ.) No impact to North American Operations including vehicles built in Japan.

Also, there was not a โ€œraidโ€.
I chose that word because the word Raid is used in the title of the BBC article and the body of the piece.

I chose that word because the word Raid is used in the title of the BBC article and the body of the piece.
Sorry, that wasnโ€™t directed at you. More BBC and their reporting which I would say is inaccurate.

I reached out to my dealer last week about the engine failures, and they told me as some have already mentioned, this does not apply to the Land Cruisers thankfully.

I reached out to my dealer last week about the engine failures, and they told me as some have already mentioned, this does not apply to the Land Cruisers thankfully.
A disaster with the Tundra. Our VERY SMALL dealer has encountered five Tundra engine failures to date. I think the issue could possibly extend to the GX550, of which I considered, but sticking with a LC.

The LC is not mentioned in the vehicles impacted, true. But, one would expect this has the attention of Toyota executives and therefore may cause the QC issues to move to the back burner. Just wondering what others think. Thanks
Agreed. I posted this in the deliveries thread and was shot down; people said it was 100% sunroof issue.

Back