Towing and adaptive cruise

erhall55

đź“› Founding Member
Aug 24, 2024
Media
Seattle
Vehicles
LC250
When I towed with my Jeep, I could use the cruise. I understand that you probably shouldn't in hill country however, it sure is nice to have. The 24 LC disables all this when towing. Is there a work around or some deep setting somewhere I can turn this back on?

I have heard that if you switch from adaptive cruise to regular cruise, you can use cruise control while towing. Just something I’ve heard or read on the forum, don’t hold me to it.

Confirmed. was activated off the 7 plug for me. Did not try the 4.

Adaptive cruise works fine with the 4 plug. I towed a UHaul recently for 400 miles. Initially thought I wouldn’t be able to use adaptive cruise but learned otherwise. You’re also supposed to turn off BSM but I found that it worked fairly well even with the short trailer.

Back to adaptive cruise, I did have a scare when moving from the middle lane to the left lane of the interstate when that middle lane had slowed (approx 15-20 mph less than my target speed). The LC accelerated quickly as I moved into the faster left lane only to have the vehicle in front slam on his brakes as traffic abruptly stopped. I actually noticed the shift and started to brake before the car. It was a bit touchy getting the LC and trailer stopped. I’m not sure if the vehicle would have handled the overall incident better w/o a trailer. Perhaps I should have canceled cruise in that traffic regardless of the trailer.

I used it this afternoon with my utility trailer (4pin) and it worked fine. I'm almost positive I used it in the past towing my camping trailer (7pin).
I'll have to test it out next time I take it out.

I would think that with all the AI and computer control, the LC could detect hills and adjust adaptive cruise accordingly. Cruise and other safety features are still very important to us old folks towing a trailer. It seems a cop out to just turn it off when seeing the 7 pin connector. I hope there is a software upgrade soon to address this.

Can someone try it out and let us know if cruise works with a 7 pin connected? Thanks.

Back