Tire Upgrade ?

Can someone confirm if 275 nittos can work with stock 1958 rims?

New shoes! 275/70r18 +18 offset.

Slight rubbing at full turn on the passenger side. Looks like itโ€™s a removable plastic piece.
Other than looks why did you change wheels?
Should the tires rub with stock FE wheels?
What brand tires did you go with

Found these posted on FB..
Stock suspension 1958, with nitto 35x11.5x18 trail grapplers along with icon recon wheels in a plus 40 offset. Bumper cut for clearance and looks. This is the owner of Dissent Offroad, so also mentions he scanned the body for bumpers and sliders.

Attachments

• LC 1.jpg
    LC 1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 399
  • LC2.jpg
    LC2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 342
Hi do you have more pics can show also confirming you have 275/70/18. I'm thinking of going this size in the Recon Grappler? It should be a bit taller and wider than stock. I've seen some pics of others running 265/70/18 Ridge Grapplers that look the same as yours but likely just picture angle.
This size is what I'm thinking as well, if they don't rub at full turn or at full flex with the stabilizer bar disconnected.

Does anyone have information on possible tire upgrades with the 20" wheels. That is how my LC is optioned. 20' would not be my first choice, but it is a big hit to buy both tires and wheels to go to 18". I would like to see if I can put a bigger, more aggressive tire on the stock 20"
If you do replace your tires to 275/60 R20 on the stock 20" LC wheel can you kindly post a photo. I think that there are many of us who automatically got optioned in with this wheel along with the premium package when securing the LC trim. Like you we would hate to discard a brand new 20" wheel that we just paid for, and maybe down the road swap them out for an 18" wheel.

Front leveling kit may help fit of taller tires , not sure it will help the width issue.
Everything ic checked the least amount of clearance is between upper A arm and tire 3/4 inch on stock Michelin 265/70-18 .
I think to have enough room for articulation and mud build up I will need new wheels with more offset to clear inside not just diameter issues

Found these posted on FB..
Stock suspension 1958, with nitto 35x11.5x18 trail grapplers along with icon recon wheels in a plus 40 offset. Bumper cut for clearance and looks. This is the owner of Dissent Offroad, so also mentions he scanned the body for bumpers and sliders.
Driving..

I had the dealer swap 265/70-18 KO3s onto our 1958 model. That's the best fit for the stock 7-inch rims and look good. The dealer even gave a credit for the all-season stock tires.

View attachment 2602
Looks great! I'm hoping that Discount Tire will install the Wildpeak A/T4Ws on my stock 7" inch wheels tomorrow. Did you hear that anything using over 265 was a problem on that 1958 wheel? The original question on this thread was about the 1958, but I've noticed most of the examples are for the FE.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct. You know, I have just over 300 miles on the vehicle, and I've probably driven 10 on the new tires. I don't know if I can tell. It seems fine. ยฏ\(ใƒ„)/ยฏ

Back