Tire Upgrade ?

Just picked up my Land Cruiser First Edition yesterday afternoon. Replaced stock tires with BF Goodrich KO3s in original OEM size of 265/70R18 124S RWL. Wasn’t sure how the RWL would look on the vehicle, but I really like it!View attachment 9958View attachment 9959
Looks GREAT, i love the RWL. Im leaning towards those as well on mine

Thanks! I wanted RWL as I thought they would complement the design of the vehicle, which is definitely a nod to Land Cruisers of the past. I wasn’t sure if I would like them, but I’m really happy with how they turned out.

Alright fellas. I decided I'm going to keep the 20s, but I do want some different tires. Hopefully for some better performance in snow but also ones that look better than these dunlops. Which have been good overall so far.

Do I get the open countries or the falken wildpeaks?

Both 275/60R20. Slightly larger than the stock tires. Both non LT.

Definitely don't want to destroy my ride quality and noise which are both good on the dunlops.

Alright fellas. I decided I'm going to keep the 20s, but I do want some different tires. Hopefully for some better performance in snow but also ones that look better than these dunlops. Which have been good overall so far.

Definitely don't want to destroy my ride quality and noise which are both good on the dunlops.
Also might wanna consider the Falken Rubitrek’s if you want to save a few dollars over the Wildpeaks and have a very similar tire. I’m loving mine so far.

These are made for you on 20s:

Approved_Bridgestone Dueler AT Ascent Feature Highlights Graphic.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Would be wary of getting a brand new model without it being time tested.

Another issue is the white lettering on the sidewall.
It's unlikely that the only choice is white letters.

Almost all of the tires discussed in this threat are new models.

You can go up to 285/75R18 with a level kit that it is only $150 or even 100 box

Hey HB, this almost exactly what I’m looking to do. Can you post more photos to see poke, front, rear, sides? Thanks, new here.
I sure can - I'll be back in a couple days and will post them here

Interesting. Would be wary of getting a brand new model without it being time tested.

Another issue is the white lettering on the sidewall.
If my experience with BFG KO3s is any indication only one side of the tire gets the white lettering, so with an asymmetrical pattern they can be mounted either way. I personally didn't want the flash so I put mine facing inside.

I’ve put 275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on mine. Doesn’t rub, kinda wish I’d gone one size up
I am looking to put the Falken WildpeakA/T4w's on mine. Did you keep the stock 18" wheels or did you upgrade those too?

Nokian Outpost nAT 275/65/18 SL rated. I'm so happy to have given them a chance.

Looks great! Excited to hear how they wear, growing up in NY/NE my folks swore by Hakkapeliittas once the temperatures dropped. I'd be happy to give Nokian my business again if the AT product lives up to their flagship.

Back