Tire Upgrade ?

For anyone who has replaced their tires, were you able to fit all 4 of the stock tires in the back to bring home? Or two trips?

For anyone who has replaced their tires, were you able to fit all 4 of the stock tires in the back to bring home? Or two trips?
Yeah, I fit all 5 without putting the rear seats down (because of child car seats). One had to go behind the passenger seat (moved forward) in the back. No problem.

Last edited:
I was able to put all 5 in, put rear seats down and fit no issue.

Not sure if someone already posted it but Bridgestone has a new Dueler A/T Ascent coming to market that is 3PMSF rated and looks like a balance more toward an on road biased AT.

One written review:

8/12/2024
James Willard
2024 INEOS Grenadier, 6,500mi driven on tires
SO MUCH BETTER THAN BFG KO2
My Grenadier Trialmaster came with BFG KO2 from the factory, which rode like they were made from solid wood. They were hard, unforgiving things and didn't handle in the wet to save their (or my) life. In stark contrast, the Ascents ride amazing. On- and off-road traction is greatly improved — and they're quieter, too. The Ascent is definitely has the classic all-terrain looks to match the Grenadier's styling, too. I love them.

My LCLC came with 20” wheels. I upgraded from the stock tires to Toyo Open Country A/T 3 in 275/60R20. Only had it for about 2 weeks, averaging ~21 mpg.
Any rubbing issues with 275's on 20" wheels? The tire place I went to said he didn't think they would fit.

Not sure if someone already posted it but Bridgestone has a new Dueler A/T Ascent coming to market that is 3PMSF rated and looks like a balance more toward an on road biased AT.

Those look nice! I’m a little surprised by the lowing speed rating for an on-road biased AT. Curious to see how the ride when someone has a chance to review them.

Any rubbing issues with 275's on 20" wheels? The tire place I went to said he didn't think they would fit.
I'd be really surprised that there would be any rubbing issues with the 275/60R20 being that you would only gain an additional 1/2" in width and height.

I'd be really surprised that there would be any rubbing issues with the 275/60R20 being that you would only gain an additional 1/2" in width and height.
Agree, 275/60R20 is 33", on the 18" wheels 275/70R18's seems to fit fine, same width and slightly larger at 33.2" or more diameter.

It's a really light tire at 39 lbs in the stock 265/70R18 size.
Yes, by weight the E rated Ascent roughly corresponds to the SL rated AT4.

The Ineos is certainly running E rated on that 6000lb vehicle. To get a similar ride on our LC will likely require SL/XL tires.

So broadly we now have true AT tire for our vehicle at 40, 50, and 55+ weight "classes". Nice.

Bridgestone is smart with product positioning here, assuming its start of the art for puncture resistance at 40 lbs.

Thanks, that's what I thought also.

Yes, by weight the E rated Ascent roughly corresponds to the SL rated AT4.

The Ineos is certainly running E rated on that 6000lb vehicle. To get a similar ride on our LC will likely require SL/XL tires.

So broadly we now have true AT tire for our vehicle at 40, 50, and 55+ weight "classes". Nice.

Bridgestone is smart with product positioning here, assuming its start of the art for puncture resistance at 40 lbs.
I will be interested to see more reviews of that tire. It might end up being a good Jack of all trades master of none general purpose tire.

Hi all, wondering if anyone has thrown on Black Rhino Volls? I'm thinking of 17", 25 mm offset. I own a 1958, so know it will be definitely past fenders, but how crazy? Looking for some feedback/validation before I make the plunge. :D

I will be interested to see more reviews of that tire. It might end up being a good Jack of all trades master of none general purpose tire.
Well, its all a tradeoff. The avoidable tradeoff that's been calcified by the interwebs is that medium size trucks running E rated tires is a good idea for most buyers. Putting the E rated AT4 on the LC makes no sense when the Falkan engineers deliberately design their SL version for our weight vehicle. All the E rated tire does is not flex as intended in either tread or sidewall because it's designed for a 3/4 ton and up work truck.

The Ascent in a sense tells us that the 50lb ish AT4 SL has either has a lot of reinforcement or Falken engineers have added lead weights to make the tire heavier.

I think I settled on getting 275s for my 20 inch oem rims. My truck will be doing 90% highway that will also see a lot of off-road in Mesquite thorn laden trails, Job sites, And planned to take over a few passes each summer in Colorado And maybe some four-wheel-drive trails here in Texas.

I’ve always bought the BFGoodrich KO2 And very happy with them as far as durability and punctual resistance, although they don’t seem to last anywhere near the published mileage rating.

I’ve been looking at the Toyo opencountry AT The reviews seem to say it’s much longer lasting and just as tough because it’s a more modern compound. It’s more expensive than that BFGoodrich, but also is about eight or 9 pounds lighter which I think will help with the MPG. I read that that said it’s a much louder tire and others that say it’s much quieter than the BFGoodrich.

Would anyone have experience with both tires to compare?

Is there another lightweight true all-terrain tire that I should be able to take a look at?

Back