Tire Upgrade ?

LC on 34s

Wheel: Icon Recon SLX ET 40
Tire: Falken Wildpeak AT4W, LT305 / 65 / 18
Pressure: 32 PSI

-OEM Suspension, No lift
-Barely made it with no rub, may need to remove that wheel plate if going offroad for additional clearance.
-MPG, you don't wanna know

IMG_5829.JPEG

IMG_5832.JPEG

IMG_5831.JPEG

IMG_5835.JPEG

IMG_5836.JPEG

IMG_5844.JPEG

IMG_5840.JPEG

That looks like it will be a problem with min. Articulation of suspension .
No room to clean mud /ice/snow between tires and fender wells .

I wonder what this will do to warranty especially transmission.
Possible overheating from 2 inches over stock diameter

LC on 34s

-OEM Suspension, No lift
-Barely made it with no rub, may need to remove that wheel plate if going offroad for additional clearance.
How does she ride with Load F tires?

@wmah523 if the tire was more narrow do you think that will make a difference? I’ve got 285/70/r18 ordered. It looks really tight

LC on 34s

-OEM Suspension, No lift

View attachment 2793

View attachment 2795

View attachment 2794

View attachment 2796

View attachment 2797
View attachment 2799
View attachment 2798
Looks awesome! I know you said, β€œyou don’t wanna know,” but I’m very curious what your MPGs are.

Does the new spare fit easily under the car?
Fits on mine, barely. A couple mm to spare. I pushed it rearward where it is touching the hitch to gain a little clearance near the diff. It’s close. Don’t think I could fit any larger in the spare.
BFG KO3 275/70R18 @ ~ 33 psi.

Attachments

• IMG_4797.jpeg
    IMG_4797.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 283
@wmah523 if the tire was more narrow do you think that will make a difference? I’ve got 285/70/r18 ordered. It looks really tight
It should, and I would recommend 285 on the LC. Less on weight, less drag. I’m just a wide tire lover all my life, unfortunately.

Here are some more photos. Clearance wise, I was able to fit my hand into front & rear at full lock, either direction. At ET40 offset, fat tire pokes out just a bit (really depending on your angle), to my exact liking. Looks so mean from distance. City driving, I'm happy with this Sailun tire, road noise wise close to KO2. Aiming to go offroad in a week or two.

What do you guys think of the wheel style from ICON? I do like it, but I would love it if it was bronze color. Thoughts?

View attachment 2012View attachment 2011View attachment 2010View attachment 2009View attachment 2008View attachment 2007View attachment 2006View attachment 2005View attachment 2004View attachment 2003View attachment 2002View attachment 2001
Must
Resist
Urge
To
Immediately
Copy
:love:

this swayed me. Just bought a set. Hopefully they look just as nice on a Meteor Shower LC :)
I have a set of these that came on my TRD Pro Tundra, and just bought another set (including a matching spare!) they’re sitting in my garage waiting for the arrival of my LC

Attachments

• IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 249
I have a set of these that came on my TRD Pro Tundra, and just bought another set (including a matching spare!) they’re sitting in my garage waiting for the arrival of my LC
they look fantastic to my eye, seem to be the right offset to add just a tad bit of width, and seem reasonably priced for what they are (though still a lot of cash)

I might keep the 20's that are on the way for winter use; I suspect those stock tires are a better option than a chunkier all terrain on Ohio's winter roads ...

Yeah I’m really liking the BBS Pro wheels also for my some day to arrive LC. Seems to be the optimum offset. Where are you guys sourcing these? Any decent deals?

Yeah I’m really liking the BBS Pro wheels also for my some day to arrive LC. Seems to be the optimum offset. Where are you guys sourcing these? Any decent deals?
I just poked around on FB marketplace (found not much) and then eBay

I got 4 with the OEM tires from a friend that works at a dealership. They had a customer upgrade the wheels and tires the day they bought the car and they gave him a credit for his OEM wheels/tores. I bought them at a discount.

I got the 5th matching spare on eBay for $550. Bought a tire for it from discount tire.

I admit that I'll probably just keep the same spare ... 265/60/20 and 285/65/18 are within a millimeter or two so that seems fine?

Back