Thoughts on Driver Attention Function?

Agree with that. The post sought feedback on this feature. Folks provided different feedback. And then in one post someone who likes/needs the feature supposedly attempted to apply "logical reasoning" to a comment that was about what the feature does (override/interfere with deliberate driver inputs) and expressly not about the annoying chimes. So there is apparently no consensus on these things. I think it is a great vehicle and am glad you can mostly turn these intrusive systems off.
Keep trying to move the goal posts, but your response was about the driver attention monitor that makes a beep when it can’t see your face.

For those who have experienced other makes’ systems, is Toyota’s that much worse? I’ve had 2 Fords now with these features & I’ve maybe had the auto braking engage once when it didn’t need to. Most other times it’s engaging just a hair sooner than I’m already on the brake. I have to try to get the driver attention to actually flash a warning. The car will drive itself if you let it but admonish you to retake the wheel. For how seamless these systems are, I can’t imagine shutting them off in case they actually help one day when my reactions fail.

What is the consensus on the Driver Attention Function?

It really is demanding and jealous as it doesn't allow you to drive into car dealerships and look at other cars without scolding you.
It tells me I am slouching over frequently as well.
I plan to turn it off, it’s extremely annoying.

I think anyone that fights the safety features is probably who needs them the most. If a small beep or chime is going to make you “more likely to crash” you maybe shouldn’t be on the road. I don’t always love some of the functions (auto braking stopping me halfway into my garage because it sees a bike), but I took the time to learn how to use them and live with them. I was going to turn off the attention setting, but one day it beeped at me while I was looking at a building and I realized my eyes had been off the road longer than they should be. It’s sometimes annoying, but overall I think it’s beneficial.

I hate that stupid thing. Disabled immediately
Same. Do you know get a pop up stating that it’s disabled and to check the manual? That’s almost as annoying, so if you know how to turn that off I would appreciate knowing as well. Why even have a heads up display if there’s going to be constant pop ups on the screen?!

Same. Do you know get a pop up stating that it’s disabled and to check the manual? That’s almost as annoying, so if you know how to turn that off I would appreciate knowing as well. Why even have a heads up display if there’s going to be constant pop ups on the screen?!
Weird. I dont think I'm getting that. I do get a few popups asking to turn it on when im running with adaptive cruise control but it seems thats probably necessary for acc to run.

Otherwise all I did was disable the driver monitor in the dash menu.

I just turned mine off last evening. I don’t believe I am getting any notification/pop-ups.
Did you turn it off in the “Options” area? Second to last feature on the long list?

I think anyone that fights the safety features is probably who needs them the most. If a small beep or chime is going to make you “more likely to crash” you maybe shouldn’t be on the road. I don’t always love some of the functions (auto braking stopping me halfway into my garage because it sees a bike), but I took the time to learn how to use them and live with them. I was going to turn off the attention setting, but one day it beeped at me while I was looking at a building and I realized my eyes had been off the road longer than they should be. It’s sometimes annoying, but overall I think it’s beneficial.
Yours must be setup differently than mine because it’s not a single beep it’s a bunch of beeps that goes off immediately for stuff like my arm going over the sensor for a second going around a corner, my wife has been complaining about it to. Neither my wife or I can sit with our backs fully against the seat because the thing freaks out and starts beeping incessantly….makes long trips unfun. If we are stopped at a stop sign and turn our head to look either way it will start beeping and give the eyes-closed warning.

I get the pop up all the time saying it’s disabled. I’m going to have to read through the manual to try and figure out how to turn that off. It seems like the feature isn’t completely off or something as I get the feature disabled pop up at the same times I used to get the normal driver attention pop up.

How? I hate this feature. As for old guys ( I am one), that need it: Stick to Subarus

I went under vehicle settings on the driver dash screen and found it somewhere... No idea where though... Sorry...

Back