Thoughts on Driver Attention Function?

Agree with that. The post sought feedback on this feature. Folks provided different feedback. And then in one post someone who likes/needs the feature supposedly attempted to apply "logical reasoning" to a comment that was about what the feature does (override/interfere with deliberate driver inputs) and expressly not about the annoying chimes. So there is apparently no consensus on these things. I think it is a great vehicle and am glad you can mostly turn these intrusive systems off.
Keep trying to move the goal posts, but your response was about the driver attention monitor that makes a beep when it can’t see your face.

For those who have experienced other makes’ systems, is Toyota’s that much worse? I’ve had 2 Fords now with these features & I’ve maybe had the auto braking engage once when it didn’t need to. Most other times it’s engaging just a hair sooner than I’m already on the brake. I have to try to get the driver attention to actually flash a warning. The car will drive itself if you let it but admonish you to retake the wheel. For how seamless these systems are, I can’t imagine shutting them off in case they actually help one day when my reactions fail.

What is the consensus on the Driver Attention Function?

It really is demanding and jealous as it doesn't allow you to drive into car dealerships and look at other cars without scolding you.
It tells me I am slouching over frequently as well.
I plan to turn it off, it’s extremely annoying.

Back