Being Flagged Down ???

I haven’t taken delivery yet (hopefully Wednesday), but when my kids and I built a Simmon‘s Sea Skiff in the mid 90’s, we couldn’t go anywhere without someone flagging us down to tell us stories of the Simmons that their dad had when they were young..

Attachments

• DSCN1755.jpeg
    DSCN1755.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 62
I have been approached by people walking on 3 different occasions when stoppeed at intersections last month asking me about it. I also had 2 occasions where people stopped my in parking lots in early June - One asking what kind of car this was and the other asking if this was the new LC.

Three or four times now, always someone who is a longtime owner of a 100 or 200.

I have seen 1 Land Cruiser in the wild to date around Charlotte. Working from home I do not get out much, but over the weekend we drove our Land Cruiser home. Yesterday I had to pickup a few things at the grocery store (less than 2 miles away). In route at a stop light the driver next to me flagged me down inquiring if I was driving the new Land Cruiser. Then as I was leaving the grocery store a 4 Runner pulled in across from me and he flagged me down asking what I thought of the engine.

Anyone else having other drivers pay attention to the new Land Cruiser?
At least once a week! It’s almost like being a celebrity!

I have seen 1 Land Cruiser in the wild to date around Charlotte. Working from home I do not get out much, but over the weekend we drove our Land Cruiser home. Yesterday I had to pickup a few things at the grocery store (less than 2 miles away). In route at a stop light the driver next to me flagged me down inquiring if I was driving the new Land Cruiser. Then as I was leaving the grocery store a 4 Runner pulled in across from me and he flagged me down asking what I thought of the engine.

In Charlotte too, I get flagged down when I drive my FJ43 around. Also have an 80 but that is more common. Where did you find a new one? Every place I have looked adds a bunch of options to inflate the price.

In Charlotte too, I get flagged down when I drive my FJ43 around. Also have an 80 but that is more common. Where did you find a new one? Every place I have looked adds a bunch of options to inflate the price.
What color is your FJ43? Curious if I’ve seen it around. (I have an FJ62 I’ve had since ‘97 but haven’t driven it in almost a decade.)

Not a fan of the attention, either. Can't wait to have more of these on the road and my permanent plate mounted. Then I'm back to flying under the radar.
That's the Landcruiser way. I believe that's why we all buy LC's instead of other brands that are only for show (RR, Benz, BMW, etc.).

The first thing I do when I buy a new vehicle is go buy license plates. I also like buying the same color over and over again.

I've had my 58 for 2 weeks, and already had two people stop me so far. Today I beeped and waived at a GX550. I have not seen another 250 out in the wild yet. I'm in Niagara region.

Where I live in western Washington (the state), I’ve seen one to date and that was a few weeks ago. Also saw one GX550 but that doesn’t count. I get mine this week and I’m sure it will attract some attention. We’ll see if it’s good attention or bad 😆

Speaking of GX550s, aside from the one I test drove, I've yet to see one around me (Nor Cal)

Same here. Just today I walked out of the store to find two guys standing in the parking lot admiring my 1958. And I’ve also heard a “nice truck!” or two when cruising with the windows down.

Took it out for the very first time tonight. Went to the movies. Hadn’t even finished getting out of the truck before someone was commenting on it!

This is it, mustard yellow and white top. I had for 3-4 years. Had my 80 for about 10

View attachment 5792
Finally found a reasonable dealer in Charlotte, Town and Country Toyota, and this little one followed me home to see its great great great grand grandfather

IMG_4933.jpeg
IMG_4934.jpeg

Finally found a reasonable dealer in Charlotte, Town and Country Toyota, and this little one followed me home to see its great great great grand grandfather

View attachment 8613
Nice! Town & Country had one allocated to them that I was wanting and I had it switched over to Hendrick Toyota up in Concord (we’ve used them for years). Brought it home to see its granddaddy too!

Attachments

• IMG_2982.jpeg
    IMG_2982.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2983.jpeg
    IMG_2983.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 22
I see people staring at it in parking lots all the time. I had a F150 driver walk over asking me what it was. I had a 4Runner driver wave at me going past each other. When I had a real jeep in 1999 I rarely ever got a jeep wave. I get more waves living in the country side no matter what I drive than anywhere else

Back