The UK Order thead

flyingtrotter

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
May 30, 2024
Media
UK
Vehicles
FFRR (Trail Dust/Sand First Edition in UK spec on order)
Ok so as a result of the lovely folk that chimed in on my intro post I think we now have 4 or 5 folk with orders in the UK

I wanted to start a UK thread for status update

Iโ€™m still at bullet #1 waiting to move to in build for my UK spec FE

Ok so as a result of the lovely folk that chimed in on my intro post I think we now have 4 or 5 folk with orders in the UK

Hello Flying trotter me too i,m told October delivery !! but st proccessing

How have you managed to order one ?, All the Toyota dealers around me in Yorkshire will not take any orders and say they know nothing about delivery.

How have you managed to order one ?, All the Toyota dealers around me in Yorkshire will not take any orders and say they know nothing about delivery.
None of the Dealers seem to know anything ?? my FE is at Derby delivery date 27/09/24 well i think it s at Derby still showing in transit from Portbury

On your question about the order book Ringrring I understand the UK dealers are waiting to be told they can take orders again - I have a mate who has given an expression of interest to his local dealer and is expecting to be added when the book reopens

Those of us with vehicles in transit ordered when the order book first opened for the First Edition having made expressions of interest with dealers and in some cases paid deposits some considerable time ago

Can you guys in the UK actually order a vehicle? Iโ€™ve never heard of anyone ordering any Toyota. The best we can do in the states is put a deposit, let the dealer know what we want, when the dealer receives an allocation they can put your name on it and attempt to configure it as close to what you like. I didnโ€™t really want 20โ€ rims but thatโ€™s what the dealers in my region were getting on the premies, so I got 20โ€ rims. We have like 7 different colors to choose from. Canโ€™t get a Land Cruiser in green or red. Seeing how they are all made by the same company at 2 factories, I am puzzled why certain countries can place orders and others canโ€™t.

Can you guys in the UK actually order a vehicle? Iโ€™ve never heard of anyone ordering any Toyota. The best we can do in the states is put a deposit, let the dealer know what we want, when the dealer receives an allocation they can put your name on it and attempt to configure it as close to what you like. I didnโ€™t really want 20โ€ rims but thatโ€™s what the dealers in my region were getting on the premies, so I got 20โ€ rims. We have like 7 different colors to choose from. Canโ€™t get a Land Cruiser in green or red. Seeing how they are all made by the same company at 2 factories, I am puzzled why certain countries can place orders and others canโ€™t.
This is actually my experience in the UK, - The dealership said they would take a deposit of ยฃ5k but no gurantees or timescale. I thought this was just abusing the situation.

On your question about the order book Ringrring I understand the UK dealers are waiting to be told they can take orders again - I have a mate who has given an expression of interest to his local dealer and is expecting to be added when the book reopens

Those of us with vehicles in transit ordered when the order book first opened for the First Edition having made expressions of interest with dealers and in some cases paid deposits some considerable time ago
Hello all in the Uk I spotted 8 LCs on a transporter yesterday north bound from Portbury couldnโ€™t get a picture

Toyota GB not able to match my order No to their records so say they will speak with dealer and come back to me - not great

They also are escalating the insurance issue

Have any of you got insurers that have confirmed they will insure the 2024 Landcruiser 250 FE ? My checks with both Admiral and Toyota Insurance indicate neither has yet added the model to their approved list and accordingly no one can secure cover through them

It was even suggested that underwriters need to see data from actual vehicles in use but how can Toyota get a critical mass of vehicles on British roads without an ability to insure those vehicles ! Surely insurers need to draw on data on reliability and repair costs etc from other markets in which vehicles are now in use (like the US)

Toyota GB not able to match my order No to their records so say they will speak with dealer and come back to me - not great

They also are escalating the insurance issue

Have any of you got insurers that have confirmed they will insure the 2024 Landcruiser 250 FE ? My checks with both Admiral and Toyota Insurance indicate neither has yet added the model to their approved list and accordingly no one can secure cover through them

It was even suggested that underwriters need to see data from actual vehicles in use but how can Toyota get a critical mass of vehicles on British roads without an ability to insure those vehicles ! Surely insurers need to draw on data on reliability and repair costs etc from other markets in which vehicles are now in use (like the US)
Does your ord no start with 2 letters the last 7 digits

They found it on the system - ETA showing as 18 October 2024

Back