The only thing I would say is the sound

Buckfever

📛 Founding Member
Apr 12, 2024
Media
Lake County, IL
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
I actually am surprised that I like the sound of the hybrid turbo 4 working. It's just that the exhaust note leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the driving experience. I wonder what others think AND whether there will be offerings to improve this.

I actually am surprised that I like the sound of the hybrid turbo 4 working. It's just that the exhaust note leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the driving experience. I wonder what others think AND whether there will be offerings to improve this.
I’ve always liked the sound of a turbo engine spooling up. Sounds powerful. Always reminds me of the old Lotus Espirit days.

Re exhaust, I personally don’t like loud exhaust on an upscale SUV. Quiet exhaust is fine for me in a Landcruiser.

On my 911, I have factory sport exhaust where I can turn it on or off. When it’s on, it opens flaps on the mufflers.
I always turn it on and love the sound of the flat six exhaust note. It doesn’t drone and it’s not irritatingly muscle car loud. It’s an aggressive sound.

If you like louder exhaust, look into a bypass, talk with Corsa, Sharkwerks (Porsche only, but worth a call), or consider catbacks.

Last edited:
Shoulda bought a GX... or waited for the TRD Pro 4Runner. Maybe someone will develop a hack to pipe in the fake engine grunts.

I’ve always liked the sound of a turbo engine spooling up. Sounds powerful.

Re exhaust, I personally don’t like loud exhaust on an upscale SUV. Quiet exhaust is fine for me in a Landcruiser.

On my 911, I have factory sport exhaust where I can turn it on or off. When it’s on, it opens flaps on the mufflers.
I always turn it on and love the sound of the flat six exhaust note. It doesn’t drone and it’s not irritatingly muscle car loud. It’s an aggressive sound.

If you like louder exhaust, look into a bypass, talk with Corsa, Sharkwerks (Porsche only, but worth a call), or consider catbacks.
Agree on all counts but would add that I’ve never heard an aftermarket exhaust that didn’t drone. I had an RPI on my BMW E60 545 and wound up adding plugs to it so I could stand the noise during the 95% of the time I was not racing it around. It did sound good at WOT though, for sure.

The best possible solution, as you say, is the sport exhaust we have on our 911s which is defeatable. I’m not aware of any aftermarket solutions that do that.

I guess, in sum - OP be careful what you wish for. Aftermarket exhaust is a commitment.

I’ve never cared about what my exhaust sounds like, I care more about how the car drives, are the seats comfortable, etc.
I agreed on luxury oriented SUVs like the LC. However, I do like a little grunt out of a sports car or a sports sedan.

NYTOP has a titanium muffler delete... mainly for clearance but also give a bit more sound according to their website.

I’ve always liked the sound of a turbo engine spooling up.
I’ve never even heard the turbo on Miss Daisy, since I always have her windows up, in the hot and humid south. Maybe this fall I will hear her roar.

I’ve always liked the sound of a turbo engine spooling up. Sounds powerful. Always reminds me of the old Lotus Espirit days.

Yeah on my Macan GTS it had the sports exhaust, I got a little spoiled with that. I think with your 911 you're getting your fix.

Shoulda bought a GX... or waited for the TRD Pro 4Runner. Maybe someone will develop a hack to pipe in the fake engine grunts.
No man I love this vehicle.

Back