Switching between CarPlay and Sirius XM. Gotta be a better way.

I've never used Sirius until now. I thought there would be an app that guided to interesting shows. I don't see how they compete with simple podcasts unless the listener is a big Howard Stern fan.

Starlink roam is $600 plus $50/month when used. It's use when moving with the $50 plan probably won't be allowed permanently, but even so it has so much more potential use than a Sirius subscription.

I purchased a starlink mount for the inside of the moonroof. With our fancy inverter system powering starlink is convenient. Although our UBC-C plugs don't have the watts to be used for that purpose.
Can you link the mount you are using? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Starlink Mini.

Can you link the mount you are using? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Starlink Mini.

I haven't tested it in extended use, but the signal is good through the sunroof glass.

Starlink mini also fits between the sunroof shade and glass without any mount. I may use it that way when staionary, but I'm not comfortable with it jiggling around in that space during extended use.

Mini probably also works sitting on the dash.

The way I will use the mini is with the phone on the wired carplay connection and then connected by wifi to starlink.

Back