Suggest a Dashcam?

I purchased the FITCAMX because it looks great but the top plastic piece never fully secures like the original. I wish FITCAMX gave both top and bottom pieces instead of only the bottom part.

I had the same issue, ended up breaking a clip on the OEM piece fiddling with it. Did you get it to fit somehow?

I purchased the FITCAMX because it looks great but the top plastic piece never fully secures like the original. I wish FITCAMX gave both top and bottom pieces instead of only the bottom part.
Will you keep it? I haven't installed mine yet, but I've notice a few fitcamX fitment issues.

Will you keep it? I haven't installed mine yet, but I've notice a few fitcamX fitment issues.
I tried about 20 times. I took it off the windshield and could get it to go together like it should but I don’t think it’s possible to fully fit together when on the windshield. The tiny parts in the back need to be fitted together first but they can only go together at a 45 degree or more angle because it’s not quite made to spec. When the lower part is attached to the windshield, you only have a 30 or so degree angle between the two pieces and can’t get the rear clips to engage. It’s a very frustrating process. I could get it to look pretty good with a small gap but it isn’t a solid connection. I’m thinking about returning it.

It's possible to fit together but it's not perfect and extremely annoying. Took me many tries. Haven't had any issues with it falling down or loosening.

I see Dongar is a site sponsor. Do they have a dongle for LC yet?

I see Dongar is a site sponsor. Do they have a dongle for LC yet?
i sent them a message and this is what they sent me:

"The 10-pin Type B adapter will work for your Toyota if it was originally equipped with an auto-dimming rearview mirror from the factory. https://dongar.tech/products/10pin-type-b-lexus-toyota

Please note that installation requires temporarily removing the plastic shroud at the base of your mirror that protects the Toyota Safety Sense computer and mirror connectors. I recommend that you check out the instructions here to see what you're getting yourself into and to compare your mirror's connectors to those on the Dongar adapter.

You can also check out this YouTube video review which demonstrates the installation process."

I just got a Vantrue N2 Pro from Amazon, and the 11ft power cord is just long enough to reach the rear seat middle console 12V round plug. Camera is simple enough for what I need. The cable goes from passenger side headliner, down the A pillar cover, under the glovebox, then straight back on the transmission tunnel to get plugged in.

1725398750016.png

Last edited:
I've had the fitcamx installed. Same fitment concerns as others have expressed here, but hopefully it won't fall down. App and picture quality is as expected.

Following, I would like to hear more from Dongar if there is an installation video or photo thread available for the Garmin, or from anyone who has purchased and installed one. Thanks!

Those with a FitCamX installed with a rear camera added..... was there an option to not have the rear camera wires not connected if I change my mind or connect later.

Back