Strange Pinging Sound

SilverSubaru

📛 Founding Member
Jul 4, 2024
UT
Vehicles
2002 WRx
So my dad just purchased a new 2024 1st edition Land Cruiser. I went to take it for a test drive and it started making a sound that I would normally think was rod knock or recombination. But as the engine warmed up and I drove more it stopped sounded as constant and was occasional. The sound only happens on cold starts. I am used to working on my older WRX and know what every sound means there. I count find any forum posts regarding this so I thought I would create an account to try and make a post. I will attach videos of the sound here. The sound I am referring to is not the rhythmic valvetrain or injector noise it’s the small chirp or knock you hear

Attachments

• F79EFAE5-2795-449D-8BB6-ABDFD6E47021.mp4
    5.6 MB
So my dad just purchased a new 2024 1st edition Land Cruiser. I went to take it for a test drive and it started making a sound that I would normally think was rod knock or recombination. But as the engine warmed up and I drove more it stopped sounded as constant and was occasional. The sound only happens on cold starts. I am used to working on my older WRX and know what every sound means there. I count find any forum posts regarding this so I thought I would create an account to try and make a post. I will attach videos of the sound here. The sound I am referring to is not the rhythmic valvetrain or injector noise it’s the small chirp or knock you hear

Attachments

• IMG_0790.mov
    21.6 MB
Back