Storage

in my last vehicle I was much less likely to wear sunglasses because I loved utilizing the HUD and driving without it made me a sad panda

Probably will be the same with the LC …

in my last vehicle I was much less likely to wear sunglasses because I loved utilizing the HUD and driving without it made me a sad panda

Probably will be the same with the LC …
HUD works well with sunglasses so long as they are not polarized.

HUD works well with sunglasses so long as they are not polarized.
First few days I only drove during the day wearing polarized sunglasses resulting on me thinking my hud was turned off. After searching to find out how to turn on the hud I saw something regarding the polarized effect. Ha. Thought, crap, car already has a malfunction.

Worth noting, I discovered my Costco glasses case, which is triangular, fits on the dash, right up to the windshield tightly, stays in place over bumps and hard curves and is unobtrusive/out of your line of sight. Costco Optical will even give you a free case if you go in and ask nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_6716.jpeg
    IMG_6716.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6715.jpeg
    IMG_6715.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 83
My last two vehicles had a lot of interior storage. They both had sunglass holders, center consoles, little nooks, and crannies. The new Land Cruiser doesn’t have any storage spaces whatsoever. The center console is a cool box. There is no sunglass holders. There is no little tiny nook, crannies, or compartments.

My question is, where are you guys storing any of the odds and ends that you always carry in your vehicles? I always carry a handgun and I used to keep it in the center console. Without that option where are you guys storing things like this? Mine doesn’t fit well in the glove box and I have other items that I keep in there.
I actually love the LC with its reduced storage compared to my 22 Tundra TRD Pro. It forces me to really only carry whats necessary. Before I'd have a couple of golf gloves and tees in the center console, a giant tub of peanuts in one of the storage areas, my work badges, walkie talkie, etc in the other assorted storage areas. Honestly a lot of it was trash that I just kept in there because I was too lazy to fully clean.

The peanuts are out of my car, I didn't really need them in there anyways. My golf gloves and spare tees are now in the back with my golf clubs, and a lot of the other crap i havent brought back into my truck and don't miss it.

The only thing I really miss is having a proper sunglasses holder in the overhead console, but i got a magnetic sunglass holder on Amazon for $6 which solves the problem.

57 years young needing readers too and to stack other things into places not available now.
I’ve read it plenty of times and I’m sure aftermarket will catch up….. waiting for the GX550 power running board to show up with a part number….
I bet this will work well when it comes out in a few months….. potential return drives business

57 years young needing readers too and to stack other things into places not available now.
I’ve read it plenty of times and I’m sure aftermarket will catch up….. waiting for the GX550 power running board to show up with a part number….
I bet this will work well when it comes out in a few months….. potential return drives business
Here is the GX power running boards part number and cost.
img_0286-jpeg.5945

Why wear sunglasses, that are not polarized? (Serious question)
I have non-polarized ray-bans as my driving glasses because they were cheaper. Little did I know they'd be super handy once I got my LC.

Is there an extra β€œ0” in there. I can believe $4300 ….but wow $43,000!!
Guess I’ll be adding these to the list of things to scavenge from a junkyard gx over the next decade. Also on the list: dashboard shelf, rear door assembly (roll up shade, acoustic glass)

Why wear sunglasses, that are not polarized? (Serious question)
My every day glasses turn dark in the Sun, and back clear in doors. So non-polarized. I do however have an extra pair of Sun Glasses only for out side with progressive reading. They are polarized...

Here is the GX power running boards part number and cost.
img_0286-jpeg.5945
Why would anyone need 4 powered running boards? Seems like the GX’s that I have seen on YouTube only had one on each side of the GX??πŸ€” But that seems awfully overpriced!!

Back