đź“› Founding Member
đź›’ Supporting Vendor
Jul 21, 2024
Media
Fort Myers Florida
Vehicles
2024 LC
Hello all!

This thread is going to be a work in progress. I'll need feedback along the way. It only took minutes to realize the interior soft plastic is going to get dinged up. A couple of customers started making inquiries about the cargo area, so I set off to start with the first piece. The inner tailgate. Wait wait.... Let's back it up a little... Before that piece I did do the seatbelt protection panel because almost every SUV I can remember having gets their seatbelt wedged in between the seat and this panel causing scratches.

1724462002005.png

But now on to the cargo area!

DSC08940.jpg

DSC08941.jpg
DSC08943.jpg

FE / Premium models seem to have lights in this area. Tomorrow I'll work on a version for those. The First Edition at the dealership had one of the lights a little cockeyed so I think it's best to give each cut out a little buffer zone for installation purposes. If you actually follow the grid paper, you can see it's not perfectly straight. I applied a little pressure to try and move it with no luck. Not my vehicle so wasn't going to take it any further than that.

1724460595050.png

The material used is ultra sticky, and I have a video I need to process on it. It's necessary to use this type of material on low energy surfaces that are textured. The installation fluid we offer can break down the initial adhesion long enough for you to get it into place though. All of our prints are laminated for extra protection. The laminate costs just as much as the print media and requires we manually roll it on top of the print and then cut the entire thing out. Time consuming, but you're adding thickness to the material and 3-5 years claimed protection on top of something that already claimed to have 3-5 years of life alone.

Here is another design I'm considering as some people want real USGS maps:

MOAB

1724460231786.png

1724461070883.png

I try not to do overly customized stuff. There's not enough time in the day (or day + night) for that. We are super small. I run the social media, run ad accounts, make new templates, print vinyl, laminate vinyl, maintain printing equipment, fill some orders, edit photos / video, make videos, run the entire website.... You get the idea.

I do try to entertain any ideas that have the potential to be accepted by a small audience though so feel free to throw something out there.

Cool. Regular door panels would benefit from something like this. Maybe not patterned, but maybe

Back