I do not recommend Matte Screen protector from StickerFab

Myself, I don't see his response as an attack on the customer.
I do think there is a certain energy rising on this thread perhaps linked to the active debate going on.

I personally don't think we need repeated posting on the matter. State the review. Provide answers/feedback.

Next topic please.

Fair point. I apologize for my anger to the vendor.

But I posted what I saw and my user experience so that people are aware that those are "ordinary" XPEL stealth PPF, but the XPEL XR or other fancy stuff. It was hard to apply for me with the guidance from video. But It is how it is.

Maybe the gentleman who receives the product tomorrow can prove that he receives the product better than I did.

Rather than treating my challenges as attack, you failed to use it as a good opportunity to convince, not me, but all your customers why your PPF stands out from the far more popular glass protector solutions that has been well proven in the market. If I am selling glass protector, I can simply list the selling points here:
  1. 9H Hard surface, the glass will break before the energy can be transfer to your precious screen
  2. Originally design for smart phone and laptop, it is highly light trsansmissive (99.xxx %)
  3. Hydrophobic, cleaning the surface with various beverage residual will be easy
  4. Anti-glare
  5. Cheaper than other alternatives
  6. Easy to install. No professional installation is needed
Now your have a great opportunity to convince people reading this thread why PPF stands out from alternatives. Every product needs a value proposal to sell. This is sales 101.

Selling product for 20 years is not a legitimate or relevant reason why PPF is worth considering. It is why people should buy product from you after you convince people PPF is the right product for screen protection.

I don't personally sell the product he is offering, I was using my experience in the industry as a means of understanding the situation.

A challenge on some of these screens is that they’re mounted prominently and with nothing to shield from the sunlight. So glare is the issue.

My daughter’s RAV4 is bad too - I actually just bought an anti-glare overlay for her and put it on last weekend. I could tell that it created a bit of softness and diffusion in the graphics, not surprising but we’ll see whether the cure is worse than the disease.

A challenge on some of these screens is that they’re mounted prominently and with nothing to shield from the sunlight. So glare is the issue.

My daughter’s RAV4 is bad too - I actually just bought an anti-glare overlay for her and put it on last weekend. I could tell that it created a bit of softness and diffusion in the graphics, not surprising but we’ll see whether the cure is worse than the disease.
To be honest, I used these anti-glare on various solution for a long time, my conclusion is that when the direction of the sunlight is right, nothing can rally helps. The layer simply diffuse the light, what we need is some magic to diffracting the light. and because of the diffusion it will decrease the contrast of the display, which is why you feel the display is soft. I would think some sort of visor (like the kind used in high end monitor) would work better, but it seems to be a less popular approach.

What the heck are all these people doing to their screens? I’ve never needed a screen protector on a car, phone, laptop, or anything else. And never had a scratch.
I will say Toyota screens scratch unbelievably. My 2018 Tacoma screen scratched if you looked at it wrong.

My '20 4Runner screen scratched from a microfiber towel. This screen feels way better, but figured better safe than sorry.

So here is my thoughts. The product does work and provide a level of protection against scratches. It is matte and relatively easy to install however if you are expecting a perfect install and are not a professional I wouldn't recommend this product. This may change in a few days as the heat may zap some of these bumps and I will update accordingly. I used a lot more soap water than what was provided, really took my time to work out a lot of the water bubbles and in the end, its not up to my standards. If I didn't mention anything, my wife would probably have no idea. It just depends on how picky you are.

FWIW, I also don't think the heritage blue stickers match well for the rear emblem and have asked for silver as a replacement to see if we can match it up to the front grill. Some of the cuts weren't clean in the lettering and one of my letters was on the very edge of the backing. Again, not a total deal breaker and I know they are trying to push these out as fast as possible.

The carbon fiber seat belt protectors seem to be well made and I hope to install them tonight or tomorrow when it cools down.

Overall I definitely recommend them as a good communicative vendor trying to provide creative solutions for a new platform. I'd give them time to work on some kinks and have real world feedback on their current products. I let them know about the color match and small bottle of soapy water and they have already taken steps to rectify.

Thanks StickerFab for taking the time to make all these cool things for our LC250. Please don't let these reviews dissuade you from continuing to create and perfect affordable products for our platform. Hoping to try out your front emblems in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.07.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.07.02 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.07.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.07.22 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.07.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.07.41 PM.png
    798.4 KB · Views: 54
are not a professional I wouldn't recommend this product

Thank you for sharing. Kudos for going above and beyond to get this product to work.

Another issue of this is that, if you have a little bit of finger nail and run this through the screen. it will leave a mark. Is this the same for you?

Thank you for sharing. Kudos for going above and beyond to get this product to work.

Another issue of this is that, if you have a little bit of finger nail and run this through the screen. it will leave a mark. Is this the same for you?
I haven't had the finger nail marks left yet however my toyota mic randomly activates and I can't tell if its from the film or something else. its just at the bottom of the screen not the full takeover when you say "Hey toyota".

Has anyone bought Paint Protection Film passed as a "screen protector"?

Well, I had. Foolish me to think XPEL offers more than just PPF.

Imagine putting a piece of pre-cut PPF not designed for electronic screen. The light gets depolarized. The film stretches and stick from the heat. Incredible bubbling until you start using vinyl wrap technics.

Honestly this product is not marketable. I will take my fat "L" here but hope to warn others not to fall into this overpriced trap. At least this is not something from AliExpress, with prices jacked up 5 times, like few other items in their store. I do not like drop-shippers and rather pay my patriot tax some other way.

However credit to where credit is due to StickerFab. Some original products are creative and ill give them satisfactory reviews. I enjoyed the vinyl stickers but sadly not this one.

Quote from “XPEL”, same website the vendor is trying refute me - “When applied by a professional installer, the results are virtually unnoticeable.” How am I to find out that this is XPEL steal and not XPEL ultimate plus as demonstrated on their website.

Do we really have to own a wrap shop to get the shown result?

View attachment 9072View attachment 9073View attachment 9074
I ordered the glass protector from Sticker Fab , it works great no problem

No offense. But this is not a “protection” but rather a soft anti-glare layer. Usually protection for the screen includes using a hard layer like those on the laptop. They are pretty stiff and not stretchy at all. I do not like this re-purposes PPF application, I would much rather wait for a real screen protector came to the market. I paid much less than $30 for a protector on my 15 inch laptop and they worked great.
I think stickerfab sells a "hard" screen protector as well.

I think stickerfab sells a "hard" screen protector as well.
They did said that. My point is not against seller but challenge the application of PPF on display. There are multiple reasons why it doesn't work (well). Just simply a wrong product for the application

I ordered the glass protector from Sticker Fab , it works great no problem

I compared and those ones are drop-shipped from China / City of Industry, CA. Personally, i think that is shameful to go an extra step and pay three times the price when I can just buy from China instead. This is not the way to support domestic products.

I complained about this particular "protector" because he supposedly developed it from CriCut but is not a great product since PPF are not designed to work on screens.

I have ordered from AliExpress and Screen PRotech (made in Utah) and will compare again. I am way to much of a perfectionist on this, considering it is just a thin piece of plastic for the price many people's an hour' wage. There should be a fair expectation for them.

I just installed the StickerFab Matte screen protector. I have to say that I really like it. It took two tries with enough water and soap but I got it straight with NO bubbles. I started on one side and wiped to the other. It looks OEM. I stuffed a paper towel along the lower edge to prevent water from running down. The included spray was not enough and I had to make my own. The squeegee tool it came with is key. I hope it lasts looking this good.

Attachments

• IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7622.jpeg
    IMG_7622.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 17
I ordered their "glass" protector kit instrument cluster/infotainment...... mainly for the instrument cluster to keep the plastic from scratching over time...... we'll see.

I just installed the StickerFab Matte screen protector. I have to say that I really like it. It took two tries with enough water and soap but I got it straight with NO bubbles. I started on one side and wiped to the other. It looks OEM. I stuffed a paper towel along the lower edge to prevent water from running down. The included spray was not enough and I had to make my own. The squeegee tool it came with is key. I hope it lasts looking this good.
Yours came with squeege? I had to borrow one to make this work better.

My AliExpress Glass protector arrived so ill follow up this post with more screen protector review

Back