Steering wheel off center… alignment?

DctrEvil

📛 Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Media
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC Trim
Soon after switching the factory 20” inch wheels for a set of OEM 18” wheels/Michelins, I’ve noticed my steering wheel about 3-4 degrees off center to the left when driving down a perfectly flat and straight road. Didn’t think this change would have been enough to cause this.

I’ always hesitant to let the dealer tinker with a brand new vehicle but I guess I just need to schedule an alignment?

Soon after switching the factory 20” inch wheels for a set of OEM 18” wheels/Michelins, I’ve noticed my steering wheel about 3-4 degrees off center to the left when driving down a perfectly flat and straight road. Didn’t think this change would have been enough to cause this.

I’ always hesitant to let the dealer tinker with a brand new vehicle but I guess I just need to schedule an alignment?
I don’t think a front end wheel alignment will alter the miss alignment of your steering wheel. I don’t know why that happened to your rig.. Something is amiss though.

Great point! I need to make sure my tires match all the way around.

I don’t think a front end wheel alignment will alter the miss alignment of your steering wheel. I don’t know why that happened to your rig.. Something is amiss though.
@DctrEvil… On second thought, it might have some effect on it. I would have a competent alignment shop, or the dealer see if they can fix that. (I saw a video short by ‘Flying Wrenches’ on how he fixed a Super Duty that was doing the same thing).

I have a similar issue. Took my LC in for an oil change at 1000 miles and they rotated the tires. Now, the vehicle has a noticeable pull to the right and the steering wheel is off by about 2 - 3 degrees. I'm at the dealership now and they said they don't have the specs to do an alignment because the vehicle is so new. I'm having them reverse the tire rotation to see if this fixes this issue. If it does, then I may need to had back to Discount Tire to have the review them General Grabber A/TX tires I recently installed.

Back