SOUTHEAST TOYOTA DISTRIBUTORS, LLC

rD[g)>yaxJh7+tp$

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 25, 2024
Milky Way
Who is
SOUTHEAST TOYOTA DISTRIBUTORS, LLC? They sure like to load up on crappy 'add-on'.

They're not Toyota. Misleading name. Thats like saying Federal Express (FedEx) is a government agency.

Just another layer between the manufacturer and the buyer to take more of your money, as if dealers weren't enough. $$$$

EVERY new Toyota delivered to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama go through SET. Nothing in that region is sent directly to dealerships by Toyota. SET is able to re-print the factory window sticker with their own "add-ons". It is up to the individual dealer to make adjustments to the add-ons for individual customers before SET installs them. Toyota set up regional distributors in the early years in the US to help them break into the market, and in time, slowly bought out the distributors so that Toyota could distribute directly. The 2 sole holdouts that would not sell back to Toyota was SET and Gulf States Toyota. SET really likes to load up on the money making add-ons.

EVERY new Toyota delivered to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama go through SET. Nothing in that region is sent directly to dealerships by Toyota. SET is able to re-print the factory window sticker with their own "add-ons". It is up to the individual dealer to make adjustments to the add-ons for individual customers before SET installs them. Toyota set up regional distributors in the early years in the US to help them break into the market, and in time, slowly bought out the distributors so that Toyota could distribute directly. The 2 sole holdouts that would not sell back to Toyota was SET and Gulf States Toyota. SET really likes to load up on the money making add-ons.
My dealer removed all PIO by SET when I asked him to. But, it was early in the process, a day before the build date. If you ask them before it gets to port I believe they can remove all but factory installed options such as 20” wheels.

My dealer removed all PIO by SET when I asked him to. But, it was early in the process, a day before the build date. If you ask them before it gets to port I believe they can remove all but factory installed options such as 20” wheels.
My dealer never told me abt my allocation until it was built and said they can’t remove anything now - and it’s aggravating to see some ppl with success (and I’m glad for them) and others without on the PIO - I did NOT want 20 inch wheels or connectivity just to name a couple but.. I would prefer a car this year

My dealer never told me abt my allocation until it was built and said they can’t remove anything now - and it’s aggravating to see some ppl with success (and I’m glad for them) and others without on the PIO - I did NOT want 20 inch wheels or connectivity just to name a couple but.. I would prefer a car this year
20" wheels are a factory option. It comes from Japan with those. The 3 year prepaid connectivity or whatever they call it should be a PIO and should be removable as long as the car hasn't been processed at port. If it has already gone through port, it shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 weeks away from the dealer (QC hold vehicles notwithstanding, of course).

I am not absolutely sure about this, but I believe if you cancel early on the connected services, they reimburse you for the unused portion. As in if you buy it for a year and cancel it after six months, they will reimburse you for six months.

Also, that three year prepaid that they are charging you for includes all the connected services. If you weren’t initially charged for that three year upfront, after your one year trial, you can pick and choose which ones that you want.

Attachments

• Remote_Connect_Features_by_Model_2024.pdf
    145.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2309.png
    IMG_2309.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 20
I can get you one in less then 2 months with very few adds.

Back