JoT.

📛 Founding Member
Apr 2, 2024
Media
MO
Vehicles
2018 Land Cruiser
Just brought this home yesterday.
Hoping it will last a lifetime (though slightly nervous about Hino plant and early production unit, trying to not let that creep in)
IMG_8521.jpeg
IMG_8516.jpeg
IMG_8518.jpeg

I wouldn’t fret about the fact it was assembled at the Hino plant. The engines will dictate longevity, and they’re all made in the same factory.
The engines are made where? Only a single plant worldwide?

Looking good!!! Even with the Hino plant, I think your odds of a good build are much better than USA or Mexico.
Hoping so

The engines are made where? Only a single plant worldwide?
I’m assuming they’re all made at Tahara because the Hino plant doesn’t make engines. They might come from somewhere else for the Chinese market since the vehicles are assembled in China.

Just brought this home yesterday.
Hoping it will last a lifetime (though slightly nervous about Hino plant and early production unit, trying to not let that creep in)
View attachment 5377View attachment 5378View attachment 5379
Beautiful rig. And trust me, you want it built at the Hino plant. I’ve delivery QA/QC’ed enough of these now (16-17) to see a difference in build quality and Hino units are the ones whose panels, especially the fuel filler door, all fall within spec.
I’m honestly kinda surprised at what I’m seeing from the Tahara LC units regarding panel gaps and fit. Nothing bad per se, just not the “absolute spot on” I’m seeing in Hino units. But then every GX I inspect is built at Tahara and checks spot on. Bit of a head scratcher there.

Beautiful rig. And trust me, you want it built at the Hino plant. I’ve delivery QA/QC’ed enough of these now (16-17) to see a difference in build quality and Hino units are the ones whose panels, especially the fuel filler door, all fall within spec.
I’m honestly kinda surprised at what I’m seeing from the Tahara LC units regarding panel gaps and fit. Nothing bad per se, just not the “absolute spot on” I’m seeing in Hino units. But then every GX I inspect is built at Tahara and checks spot on. Bit of a head scratcher there.
That’s crazy. But thank you for your input, that’s makes me feel a little better. I love this LC - so far nothing to complain about.

Just went around measuring panel gaps after ~2k miles on my 1958 built at Hino. The only gaps tighter than ~3mm were at the curve of the hood and fender (pic1). Those were 2.8mm. The only gaps wider were the tailgate, but was within .1mm on both sides, so even. Those were 3.1ishmm (pic3). Every other gap, 2.9-3.1. And love the fuel filler door fit, lol. (Pic2).

Attachments

• IMG_5465.jpeg
    IMG_5465.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back