Sightings on the Road?

I’ve seen all of three on the road here in Los, Angeles, but I ususally travel in not so ritzy neighborhoods….

I’ve only seen 1 LC down here in Phoenix…just down the street from my house actually but they’ve definitely selling out at the local stealers (except the 1958’s)

The first one I saw in the wild was Heritage Blue several months ago. Then I saw a black one and an underground just before I got mine in mid-August. Since then, I have seen two others in black.

I saw the 1st one that wasn't mine in Elizabeth City, NC just over a month ago when I was taking my son back to college. It was a white LC edition. Got my Trail Dust Aug 31st and saw my 1st in Greensboro on 40 it was a 1958 meteor shower. Saw a Black one on the way to work on the back roads the other day. I gave a big wave and they looked at me like I was a nutter, oh well. We all can't be cool I guess.

Last edited:
I’m in Denver / north of Denver. Since getting mine in mid July I’ve seen exactly 4 out in the wild so far. One heritage blue FE like a week after getting mine, a black FE last month, a WCP like mine a week ago and a couple days ago was behind a white 1958 in the chick fil a drive thru. Is it lame I’m keeping a count in my head?

Before I received Big Blue in mid August I had only seen 1 white GX in the wild. Since then I have seen 2 Meteor Showers, 1 White and 1 Heritage Blue in Virginia Beach and a few other GXs. They are slowly trickling in, but still quite rare.

My first in the wild sighting was Friday I saw a LC LC TD heading over Blewett Pass from Ellensburg heading to Wenatchee, WA (Eastern WA).
It pulled over letting cars pass. Temp plates. Maybe first drive since the driver didn't seem to want to go over 50 mph.

I live in a less affluent part of the state (NH) than my GF - don't see them around here, but where she is on the coast, have seen a few. First I saw was all black although didn't catch the trim - at first mistook it for a 4Runner. Then was nearly hit by a new GX while walking across the street and pointed it out to my GF (she knew I was thinking about getting an LC or GX) and she said she didn't like the GX, although maybe bc the driver wasn't paying attention and nearly hit us. Then the day I bought mine I saw a Meteor FE in my GF's parking lot parked as if they did it blindfolded and got out like yup, that'll do (vs like straddling lines as a choice) - all the more amusing to me given the billion cameras the thing has on it that make parking trivial - by the time I came back with my own from the dealer later that day, the FE was gone.

If a dealer up here has anything in stock, at least this last month or two, it seems to mostly be the FEs in Trail Dust (so I assume those don't sell as fast).

Last edited:
I have had mine 7 weeks today. My dealer had sold 5 others at the time, although not all delivered. There are 9 Toyota dealers within 25 miles of my house. I still haven't seen another in the wild.

Before I picked mine up in the last week of August, I'd seen 1-2. But since, I've been seeing them more and more, maybe 3-5 spottings. It is getting way more attention than I expected. Maybe half the time I park in public someone asks about it. A dude on a motorcycle waved me down at the stoplight to talk about just this weekend.

I haven't passed by any new LC's in my new LC... but, I have passed by several late model year LC's.

Can't say they waved or thumbs up?

More like this..

dwight-schrute-no-way.gif

Back