Sightings on the Road?

Esquire

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I literally saw my first LC in Omaha yesterday afternoon. First one to date. I did see one GX a month or so ago parked at my golf course; so I could look it over a bit.

Definitely prefer the LC to GX both outside and inside.

The LC really looks sharp and imposing on the road.

Are people seeing these out and about on the roads with frequency?

Just about a month I have had mine. For reference I’m in Southern NJ. To date there’s been three Meteor Showers and one white one, add mine for a total of five. Most of the local dealers have a few and they do sell. So they are going somewhere lol.

In NW Denver, I've seen a few floating around. The other day we were going thru an intersection and I spotted a Meteor Shower LC and shouted out 'METEOR SHOWER!' as we drove bye.. my wife immediately popped her head up to the windshield and starting looking skywards.

Granted, she does not have the LC sickness I have.

I saw a black LC pulled off on the side of the highway about a month ago outside of Cherokee County NC. There was a woman outside the vehicle about thirty feet from the highway walking her dogs. I thought to myself, odd, that a brand new LC is pulled off of the highway, in this extremely rural setting. In light of the threads of eminent doom with the new power plant that we all have, I turned around and went back to check on her. By then she had entered her LC again, as I pulled up to the back of her parked truck. I stepped out, and she rolled down the window, I yelled to her, “Are you okay”? She replied, “Yea, I just stopped to give the dogs a potty break.” Followed by, “Nice truck!”

The only other one I have seen was leaving a parking lot at a Publix grocery store in Atlanta, a few day later.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
I saw a black LC pulled off on the side of the highway about a month ago outside of Cherokee County NC. There was a woman outside the vehicle about thirty feet from the highway walking her dogs. I thought to myself, odd, that a brand new LC is pulled off of the highway, in this extremely rural setting. In light of the threads of eminent doom with the new power plant that we all have, I turned around and went back to check on her. By then she had entered her LC again, as I pulled up to the back of her parked truck. I stepped out, and she rolled down the window, I yelled to her, “Are you okay”? She replied, “Yea, I just stopped to give the dogs a potty break.” Followed by, “Nice truck!”

The only other one I have seen was leaving a parking lot at an Atlanta Publix grocery store, a few day later.
That was very statesmanlike to go back and check on her. The LC Club is stronger than ever.

I have not seen one yet on the road. Are we waving or not? We don't want to do the jeep wave of course, so maybe we need our own gesture.

I'm not sure I would see the GX as I don't seem to notice Lexus.

I have not seen one yet on the road. Are we waving or not? We don't want to do the jeep wave of course, so maybe we need our own gesture.

I'm not sure I would see the GX as I don't seem to notice Lexus.
I've had a few 2 door Wranglers over the years. The Jeep wave is real and very much a big thing. You'll also find a rubber duck on your door handle from time to time. Another Wrangler thing.

I have waived once in a while in my 4Runner and I usually get flipped off.

Porsche 911 has a subtle waive or headlight flash. You see so few 911's that you almost pull over and talk when you see another 911.

I will waive with the LC for sure.

Living in Southern California. I take 5 freeways, one way , as part of my commute. Have seen only one Lexus 550, same one 2 times on 55 freeway Northbound. Have seen one LC with round lights in Chino city and one mid tier LC, also in Chino city.

A month or more ago I pulled along side a Lexus at a street light and he never looked over at me. Both were wind chill pearl. the Lexus was close color. One Land Cruiser so far in couple months.

I don’t think these are supposed to be high production, so hopefully they stay kinda rare.
Absolutely. They are a vey niche vehicle with a high price tag. LC has always been rare and it appears they will remain that way.
Which is why I am buying one.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen any LC’s in KY or MA, but I have see two putty grey GX 550’s, one in each state.

Back