Side Moulding Option

Esquire

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
Has anyone seen pictures of the optional "side moulding" available?

When building online, it indicates it is color matched. However, I have seen a gray moulding online.

I'm not familiar with what this option looks like. I don't know why Toyota can't show pictures
of the options installed on the vehicle.

Has anyone seen pictures of the optional "side moulding" available?

When building online, it indicates it is color matched. However, I have seen a gray moulding online.

I'm not familiar with what this option looks like. I don't know why Toyota can't show pictures
of the options installed on the vehicle.
when you select build there is a more details option with a pic

Attachments

• Untitledd.jpg
    Untitledd.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 312
when you select build there is a more details option with a pic
Oh, that is handy. I appreciate the quick response on this one. Looks like they are color coded. May add a decent line to the side.

Are these dealer installed or did you do it yourself?
They are shown as a factory installed option (port installed). I am curious how they are installed and painted properly if you add them if they are not originally ordered on the build.

They are shown as a factory installed option (port installed). I am curious how they are installed and painted properly if you add them if they are not originally ordered on the build.
Mine came without BSMs. I just ordered color-matched ones from the dealer. When I picked them up, the parts guys printed out installation instructions. Easy peasy.

Mine came without BSMs. I just ordered color-matched ones from the dealer. When I picked them up, the parts guys printed out installation instructions. Easy peasy.
Any chance you could post the installation instructions sheet?

Hoping to pick up my 1958 this week and was planning to do a 20 degree bolt-on slider. I have some on my tacoma and they work very well for fending off dings; but as i look at more pics of the 250, it seems like sliders will not be a reliable defense against door dings. Can anyone confirm or deny? ๐Ÿฟ

Yes, Color coded. I bought mine from Toyota ~$260 IIRC. Dealer wanted $200 to install ($96/hour labor rate) for just the Moulding install. I said "For Fcks Sake - I can do it in half an hour." (It took 40 minutes total plus 5 minutes to find the masking tape).
The Predator Step Tubes ($675) took even less time with only 1-person installing them. Dealer said they needed the LC for half-a-day and it would be ~250 to install Step Tubes. (Mind you, these are experienced technicians that can do this in 20 minutes..) The illusion is real....
Sheesh... They were so easy!!!
They have slotted holes, so you can put the bolts in first and put the tubes up on the bolts and slide them over to the narrow part of the hole. and tighten down with your driver in seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_6711.jpeg
    IMG_6711.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6712.jpeg
    IMG_6712.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I just ordered my black LC to come with the side moldings... HOWEVER I keep going back and forth on whether or not I like the look. Are they removable to the point where the door wouldnt look any different if I were to un-install them??

Back