Safety sensors in a car wash

chris_in_phx

📛 Founding Member
Dec 5, 2023
Media
Phoenix, AZ
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Random question but how does the Land Cruiser and all of its safety sensors handle going through a car wash?

My wife has a 2017 Mercedes and it has no way of turning off the safety sensors so when you go through a car wash it’s like World War III in the car. My current truck doesn’t quite have all those kinds of safety features.

Some of my sensors went off but it was fine. Bigger concern was the sound the roof made during the dryers… the metal was flexing hard and making that “wuhhh wuhhh wuhhh” sounds a sheet of metal makes when you wiggle it back and forth.

Random question but how does the Land Cruiser and all of its safety sensors handle going through a car wash?

My wife has a 2017 Mercedes and it has no way of turning off the safety sensors so when you go through a car wash it’s like World War III in the car. My current truck doesn’t quite have all those kinds of safety features.
With the carista odb2 dongle you can disable sensors in neutral.

I also disabled all seatbelt chimes.

There was a lot that you could turn on or off in the app

Some of my sensors went off but it was fine. Bigger concern was the sound the roof made during the dryers… the metal was flexing hard and making that “wuhhh wuhhh wuhhh” sounds a sheet of metal makes when you wiggle it back and forth.
Both my FJs always did that, I don't go through automatic car washes now. It never did any damage, but it's concerning!

Back