Running wires externally at the rear

BigMF

📛 Founding Member
May 29, 2024
Media
Nashville, TN
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser Premium, 2011 Lexus LX570 (Retired)
Has anyone figured out a way to run wires to the outside of the truck and to the roof at the back? I'm looking to install my WeBoost antenna on the back of my roof rack and haven't found a good way to route the wire to it. The signal booster/amplifier will most likely be installed somewhere in the back so running the wire from there is the challenge. The provided cable is only 10-15 feet long so running it through the firewall and up the side of A-pilar is not really an option.

I imagine this same route could be used if you want to install "camp lights" on the rack near the back as well.

To demonstrate my ignorance of electrical systems; can you run behind the grill lights to a fuse box in the engine compartment?

Curious obit the roof as well.

One thing I can say is the lights suck on this LC for anything other than highway driving

To demonstrate my ignorance of electrical systems; can you run behind the grill lights to a fuse box in the engine compartment?

Curious obit the roof as well.

One thing I can say is the lights suck on this LC for anything other than highway driving
For this scenario, I'm not looking for power for the booster. Instead, it's to run the antenna wire from the roof rack to the booster which will be installed in the cargo area.

In the image below, it's the orange line I'm speaking of:
1727969261211.png

Has anyone figured out a way to run wires to the outside of the truck and to the roof at the back? I'm looking to install my WeBoost antenna on the back of my roof rack and haven't found a good way to route the wire to it. The signal booster/amplifier will most likely be installed somewhere in the back so running the wire from there is the challenge. The provided cable is only 10-15 feet long so running it through the firewall and up the side of A-pilar is not really an option.

I imagine this same route could be used if you want to install "camp lights" on the rack near the back as well.
I plan on adding a WeBoost, my current plan (still in the future) is to see if the rear hatch will pinch the cable (top/center) if it doesn't, I'm going to see if the cable can be sealed through the existing boot or add a single cable gland in that same general area.

1727969501060.png

Back