Roof Weight Limits

Muddygriff

📛 Founding Member
Aug 29, 2024
Chicago Suburbs
Vehicles
Lancruiser
Does anyone know the Toyota LC roof weight limits, static and dynamic? Seems to be an obscure stat that I can’t find in the manuals. Thanks for any input!

Ha. I’m not sure what YOU mean by rack or slick top? Are there 2 different roofs?
The bare roof, as in the roof of the actual car, or the weight limit of the roof rack that sits above the roof. The latter will vary based on what rack you use.

Ha. I’m not sure what YOU mean by rack or slick top? Are there 2 different roofs?
Sorry, the First Edition roof rack can support 165 dynamic and 600 static. I’m not sure what the roof with OEM roof rails or without any rails (slick top) can support.

The bare roof, as in the roof of the actual car, or the weight limit of the roof rack that sits above the roof. The latter will vary based on what rack you use.
This is partially true. If your vehicle roof can only support 600lbs and you install a roof rack that has a capacity of 1000lbs, it doesn't mean that the vehicle can support 1000lbs. It is limited to what the vehicle can handle

Right. As I understand it from the great video provided in the related thread on here, the LC should have a roof weight limit, dynamic and static. There might even be an on-road/off-road limit. Dynamic limit is for when driving, static is while sitting. If the dynamic limit is 160lbs that’s not a lot of weight, but of course I’ll work with it. It helps for my searches for racks, as I want something light so as not to cut into the above limit. Still can’t find a hard number for the limits, unless it’s the 165/600?

Back