Roof dents found

This thread may contain affiliate links of Ebay and Amazon – in return our forum earns a small commission for referral.
Thanks for posting this. I have a FE currently in QC. Will look it over before signing paperwork on it.

People might also want to check the underside to see how the rock rails and armor are installed.

Did you ever get any resolution with the dealer? I would think they would at least pay for the PDR.
After a week of not hearing from the dealership about the roof rail dents, I called and they said they are waiting to see if Toyota posts a technical service bulletin. So I guess I have to just wait, and wonder what happens if one isn’t released.

I think I'd have a conversation with the GM...... what part of the TSP will change the repair procedure........ it's body work and probably will be accomplished by paintless dent repair/removal.

The dealership has contacted Toyota but I have yet to hear back.
I work at a dealership. If at this point you have not heard back, open a case with toyota. Call the toyota customer service line and that will get things moving. You won’t make friends with the dealership but it will get help.

Yes.. I used PDR. It was not perfect.. but I was not getting it painted and I was able to live with my results.

Has anyone seen this on the Land Cruiser trim work just the rails, or is this only with the upgraded rack?
It just seems to be the heavier FE rack. I’ve not seen issues with any of the 8 other ones we sold.

Picking up a LC trim Tuesday that has the roof rack on it. I'll be curious to see if these are there on that.

I’ve only seen them on first editions.

Our's has the same roof rack as the FE's and if both of them are getting installed at the port I don't see how this issue would be limited to just the FE's. Or maybe it's got nothing to do with the roof rack? Either way, I'll report back how ours looks!

I inspected mine (early production FE) there was one small dent on passenger side, the dealership body guy had it taken care of quickly .. looks great. Salesman said hopefully this can be done before you leave today with it, and it was - quick and painless

Back