Remote Starting

Firmie

📛 Founding Member
Jul 10, 2024
Media
Iowa City, IA
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 2024
When I do a remote start from the app, it in fact does start etc, then when I get in an alert pops up that says a new key has been detected please contact dealer. Then immediately it shuts itself off. What's that all about?

I think someone mentioned that once you connect the remote/digital key, that warning will go away after a period of time.

It worked once with the digital key and then stopped working. Once it started and then shut down as described, now it doesn’t work at all. Not sure what is happening.

I've seen a YouTube video that shows you're able to remote start with the key fob if you have remote connect service, but it doesn't work for me. Can anyone confirm this works and have suggestions to try?
I am able to start the car from my phone.

I've seen a YouTube video that shows you're able to remote start with the key fob if you have remote connect service, but it doesn't work for me. Can anyone confirm this works and have suggestions to try?
I am able to start the car from my phone.
Starting from the key fob is finicky. You have to get the button press and the timing perfect.

Recently my dealer demo'd this function for me on 3 different vehicles.....I have to agree it's finicky. You all are not alone apparently.

In the winter when I was working, I had it down to a science. 1st try every day, then it gets warmer and I have to get the rhythm down again.....LOL. Now they said once your Toyota subscription runs out and you don't renew, the remote start won't work anymore...... that was BS. They also said once your subscription ran out the maps wouldn't work........ that was BS as well (this was on my Taco).

When I do a remote start from the app, it in fact does start etc, then when I get in an alert pops up that says a new key has been detected please contact dealer. Then immediately it shuts itself off. What's that all about?
I have the same issue every time.... I Just ignore it until I delete the app when the free trial runs out... slowly learning how to do the same with the key fob... much harder but it will be free for 10 years or more...

Back