Recommended PSI

RTRinKY

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 20, 2024
Media
KY
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner
Mine came with 43 in each tire. I have 20 inch wheels. Should it be around 33? Thanks

I also just took delivery and mine and my tires are also inflated to 43 in all 4 tires. Window pillar on my sticker does say 33. What's up?

Mine were inflated to 55psi. It was like rolling on rocks. I have them at 33 now and it is much better.

They’re supposed to set the tires properly during the pre-delivery inspection service. Makes you wonder what else they’re missing or just plain not doing. Hence, the reason I don’t trust the technicians at the stealership.

1722185594558.png

Believe it or not........... there are certain things you should do even tho' it's a new vehicle:

Check the tire pressure in each tire with a gage, not an app.
Verify the torque on each lug nut, or at least put the lug wrench on each one and make sure they are tight.
Check the oil.
Check the antifreeze level.
Check the brake fluid level.
Verify all the lights work like they should..... Turn, Brake and running lights.
Locate the jack and how to remove it and resecure it.
Locate the jack handle.
How to lower the spare tire.
Read the manual, you'd be surprised how many questions can be answered! If you down load the emanual "Ctrl, F" (find hot keys) make quick work of finding things.

Nothing worse than needing to know something and finding out you don't.

For some of you this is crazy talk, but from some of the comments on this forum........ It will be new knowledge.

Last edited:
My LC FE came with 55 pounds in each tire, including the spare. Set them to 34 now ands it rides much better.

Just picked my LC last night and all tires set to 45 psi with spare at 55 psi. Crazy. Makes no sense to me but airing them down this morning.

Mine came with 55 pounds in all five tires sticker on the door says 35 or 36 and that’s what I’ve set mine at. Our local Discount Tire manager said new cars are often shipped with increased pressure to ensure they don’t go flat.

Mine came with 55 pounds in all five tires sticker on the door says 35 or 36 and that’s what I’ve set mine at. Our local Discount Tire manager said new cars are often shipped with increased pressure to ensure they don’t go flat.
True, but the stealership is supposed to adjust this on their delivery inspection. If they are skipping steps in their process, it makes you wonder what else they’re skipping.

Keep the spare at 55, as it will lose some pressure over time. Too low now and it will possibly be flat when you need it.

Back