Recommended PSI

My dealership only had my LC FE for a couple of hours. They cleaned it up very nicely and I am totally satisfied with the condition of the truck when I got it. Tires for me was a small inconvenience.

Keep the spare at 55, as it will lose some pressure over time. Too low now and it will possibly be flat when you need it.

This is probably over the max PSI for the tires, my LTX Trails list 51 psi as the limit

Believe it or not........... there are certain things you should do even tho' it's a new vehicle:

Check the tire pressure in each tire with a gage, not an app.
Verify the torque on each lug nut, or at least put the lug wrench on each one and make sure they are tight.
Check the oil.
Check the antifreeze level.
Check the brake fluid level.
Verify all the lights work like they should..... Turn, Brake and running lights.
Locate the jack and how to remove it and resecure it.
Locate the jack handle.
How to lower the spare tire.
Read the manual, you'd be surprised how many questions can be answered! If you down load the emanual "Ctrl, F" (find hot keys) make quick work of finding things.

Nothing worse than needing to know something and finding out you don't.

For some of you this is crazy talk, but from some of the comments on this forum........ It will be new knowledge.
Common Sense always wins!

I purchased my vehicle thinking that it would be set to manufacture specifics however, I was wrong!!! I noticed I felt EVERY BUMP on a regular properly maintained road and was about to get rid of it! I did some research on the LC shocks, struts, etc and found psi settings…. I looked at mine and noticed the dealership put my psi at 55! It should be 33psi!!!!! I went to discount tire and had them deflate all the tires and now rides like a dream!!!! I won’t mention dealership but they are nationwide and HORRIBLE (whole other story)!

What's the consensus on running higher psi in E load tires? I've heard low 30s can be detrimental to these tires and their load limits. I'm thinking somewhere between 35-40psi for E load.

I purchased my vehicle thinking that it would be set to manufacture specifics however, I was wrong!!! I noticed I felt EVERY BUMP on a regular properly maintained road and was about to get rid of it! I did some research on the LC shocks, struts, etc and found psi settings…. I looked at mine and noticed the dealership put my psi at 55! It should be 33psi!!!!! I went to discount tire and had them deflate all the tires and now rides like a dream!!!! I won’t mention dealership but they are nationwide and HORRIBLE (whole other story)!
Mention them. Shame them into doing their effing job. Every new vehicle goes through a PDI, which includes checking tire pressure. There is absolutely no excuse for this and it seems the norm from every stealership

Sorry if this is stupid or has been answered elsewhere, but my LC came from factory with 20" wheels and the Dunlop tires. I have since changed these with a forum purchased set of factory FE style 18"s and the stock Michelin LTX tires. Are these recommended also at 33psi? Wasn't sure if the door sticker was any different the different factory optioned wheels/tires.

What's the consensus on running higher psi in E load tires? I've heard low 30s can be detrimental to these tires and their load limits. I'm thinking somewhere between 35-40psi for E load.
I have E load 275/70/18 and was told by a Toyota tech to run them at 40PSI.

Sorry if this is stupid or has been answered elsewhere, but my LC came from factory with 20" wheels and the Dunlop tires. I have since changed these with a forum purchased set of factory FE style 18"s and the stock Michelin LTX tires. Are these recommended also at 33psi? Wasn't sure if the door sticker was any different the different factory optioned wheels/tires.
Yes, 33psion the 18's with Michelin LTX

Anyone knows if the spare tire also has TPMS? I don’t see the spare pressure in app or in the car.

Anyone knows if the spare tire also has TPMS? I don’t see the spare pressure in app or in the car.
The Manual recommends a five tire rotation so they put a TPMS transmitter in the spare also. Mine shows up in the dash with five tire pressures.

Back