Rear License Plate Bracket

LChomie

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 19, 2024
Media
CO Front Range
Vehicles
2024 LC250 Premium
My dealer put the temp tag on my LC. When I went to put on the real plate there's nothing but some roughed up tape behind it. Am I missing something here or does the plate really just bolt directly to a painted part?

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 62
My dealer always puts a plastic outer plate frame on with their advertising. I hated those things but if you flip it around and put it behind the plate it makes for a nice and easy paint protector with only 2 tiny side tabs
1000002151.jpg
visible.
1000002667.jpg

I've used the silicone plate fames on previous vehicles and they work great. For the LC, I also got some nice stainless screws and used anti-seize on the threads to keep the threads from getting moisture and dirt that might cause corrosion or galling. I've tried plastic screws in the past and they have always weakened with exposure to the elements and broke when trying to remove them.

My dealer put the temp tag on my LC. When I went to put on the real plate there's nothing but some roughed up tape behind it. Am I missing something here or does the plate really just bolt directly to a painted part?
I had the same thought, but looking at yours, it's seems normal.

I added a silicone plate frame to keep the plate from directly touching the paint. So far, so good.

Aujen Silicone License Plate Frames 2 PCS for US Standard Car, Rattle-Proof and Easy Installation License Plate Holder (Black)​

Visit the AUJEN Store
4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 4,137 ratings
I got the exact same set and they work great!

Back