Rear hatch rattle

Ayork

📛 Founding Member
May 23, 2024
Media
Denver
So I have one of the cars that snuck through before the QC hold. On some bumps, the rear hatch rattles. Almost like it is not secured all the way. My last car did this but it was 15 years old. This is my first new car, if I take it to the dealer, are they going to do anything about it? Anyone have experience with something like this?

So I have one of the cars that snuck through before the QC hold. On some bumps, the rear hatch rattles. Almost like it is not secured all the way. My last car did this but it was 15 years old. This is my first new car, if I take it to the dealer, are they going to do anything about it? Anyone have experience with something like this?
Are you sure it just isn't a license plate that wasn't properly screwed in on the outside? That's happened to me before after buying a new car and I have to either buy new screws or tighten the current ones.

Also what LC do you have, FE or 1958? Cause one has a manual hatch, other is automatic.

Are you sure it just isn't a license plate that wasn't properly screwed in on the outside? That's happened to me before after buying a new car and I have to either buy new screws or tighten the current ones.

Also what LC do you have, FE or 1958? Cause one has a manual hatch, other is automatic.
I didn’t even think of the license plate to be honest. I will check it out in the morning. Believe it or not, I have the LC trim with premium package.

Attachments

• IMG_9544.jpeg
    IMG_9544.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 148
I didn’t even think of the license plate to be honest. I will check it out in the morning. Believe it or not, I have the LC trim with premium package.
Lucky dog. Well if it's not the license plate, I would check everything around the rear hatch. The panel around the battery compartment may not be properly clicked in. Open those side panels on the left where your jack and battery are, check those are tight and nothing is loose inside. And check the front battery panel under the floor panel (next to the rear seats).

I would also have someone else drive, sit in the back, and listen to pin point where the sound is exactly coming from.

There was a post about the rear spoiler clips not being pushed/secured all the way. Not sure if it was supposed to be that way etc.... If it's not simple to figure out, I'd visit your dealership to at least get it documented.

Not related to the issue at hand, but yours is the exact color and package I have coming in. It looks fantastic

Got a quick question. Does those tires on your LC come with the premium package?

As dumb as I feel, it appears to be the license plate frame. There are only two holes at the top for screws. So the frame rattles on the bottom against the car. It’s a metal frame hence the louder noise.
You owe me a beer :ROFLMAO:

Back