Real World mpg

There's always someone who intentionally or unintentionally trolls because they can't wrap their head around the fact that some people want certain info about a new vehicle that they themselves don't find necessary or important.
It's not trolling.....all I'm saying is there are plenty of cars out there that get good gas mileage. This car is designed to be an off roader....those two things don't combine.

I can’t wrap my head around why anyone cares what the fuel economy is on these. It’s a $70,000 truck. If you can afford one of these then you can afford the gas….just sayin.
That statement isn't exactly talking about form over function. Your comment was almost verbatim what the guys on the Raptor forum would tell anyone who asked about gas mileage. You only left out "buy a Prius".

Now that being said, I did say some trolling comments were intentional and some were unintentional, and yours may have been unintentional...but it could definitely be perceived as a troll IMO.

I can’t be the only one here whose initial excitement included believing we might see something closer to 27 mpg. Cost savings was certainly part of that excitement, but so was a general desire to have a truck that performs well in the things I care about, has good range, and isn’t wasteful. My guess is that in regular driving this LC is going to be more like 20 mpg, which is better than my V-8 Silverado, but not super exciting.

I can’t be the only one here whose initial excitement included believing we might see something closer to 27 mpg. Cost savings was certainly part of that excitement, but so was a general desire to have a truck that performs well in the things I care about, has good range, and isn’t wasteful. My guess is that in regular driving this LC is going to be more like 20 mpg, which is better than my V-8 Silverado, but not super exciting.
It's probably going to have a lot to do with individual driving habits. If I drive my Raptor like a grandpa, I'll get 18-19mpg in mixed driving and 22 on the highway. If I drive it like I stole it, I'll get closer to 16 lol.

What I have always found interesting....... everybody has an opinion, some are similar while others are 180 degrees different, but I just don't understand why some think their opinion is the only one that matters. As a co-worker once told me..."you do you and I won't judge, but whatever you do, don't get pissy when I do me."

Yep.. let go of my 2019 excited abt 27 mpg.. it’s fine that’s a little less, but that was a big motivator for this one.

MPG was a big part of my decision over the Bronco

MPG was a big part of my decision over the Bronco
I have a 2022 OBX Bronco with Sasquatch pkg and I got 22mpg. My wife gets more like 18 mpg. Where you drive mostly (me highway, her city) and how you drive it
Plays a big part. The 22mpg was over 15000 miles.

I have a 2022 OBX Bronco with Sasquatch pkg and I got 22mpg. My wife gets more like 18 mpg. Where you drive mostly (me highway, her city) and how you drive it
Plays a big part. The 22mpg was over 15000 miles.
For clarification.... that's when initial reports were 27 mpg, then Toyota's longevity and good looks clinched the deal and I'd live with the reported 25 MPG..... we'll see what it actual MPG ends up being ....LOL.

I’m sure people will be able to get the EPA 23 MPG average with reasonable driving habits. Street tires will help.

Put me in the camp of folks who only considered the 250 because the quoted 27 MPG figure and are still here because they have fallen in love with everything else.

That statement isn't exactly talking about form over function. Your comment was almost verbatim what the guys on the Raptor forum would tell anyone who asked about gas mileage. You only left out "buy a Prius".
Well, I ordered a Prius Prime too! LOL.

Even longer waiting list, but eventually I’ll use that for commuting on EV and enjoy the Land Cruiser on the weekends guilt-free!

Disappointed in the lower than "hoped for" MPG and currently on the fence over my purchase. The buzzy "golf cart like" nature of my new 4 cyl. Bronco is one of the main things I don't enjoy about it. Not sure how excited I am knowing there aren't many redeeming qualities in the engine dept. Getting 22 combined in the Bronco and without the hybrid gadgetry...

I can’t wrap my head around why anyone cares what the fuel economy is on these. It’s a $70,000 truck. If you can afford one of these then you can afford the gas….just sayin.
Because I currently spend about $160 a week fueling up my Tundra. If I wanna go fishing in the mountains for the day, it's a $50 round trip. To go fishing!

I'd rather my weekly fuel bill be $102 (it would be based on LC fuel ratings), which adds up to over $3000 less in fuel spend per year. Not to mention being a little kinder on the planet (debates on the environmental impact of batteries notwithstanding).

Last edited:
If you can afford one of these then you can afford the gas

Can I play too?!:

If you can afford the car, you don't need a warranty, you can afford the repairs.

If you can afford the car, you don't need locking diffs and disconnecting stabilizer bars. You can afford someone to tow you when you're stuck.

If you can afford the car, you can afford to pay people to sing to you, you don't need a sound system.

Can I play too?!:

If you can afford the car, you don't need a warranty, you can afford the repairs.

If you can afford the car, you don't need locking diffs and disconnecting stabilizer bars. You can afford someone to tow you when you're stuck.

If you can afford the car, you can afford to pay people to sing to you, you don't need a sound system.
Replacing the stereo with a professional singer riding shotgun never occurred to me. First mod I'm doing.

Actually, if MPGs don't matter - then seriously look at the GX550 instead. A bit more refined, a bit more tech, a less complex powertrain... all at roughly the same price. I would have bought one already if it didn't make me sick that the trip computer read a maximum of 11 mpg during my test drive.

Back