Rattling excessively on dirt road

RBB

📛 Founding Member
Aug 8, 2024
Media
Southern California
Vehicles
LC FE Meteor Shower
Took my FE out to the Alabama hills area in Cali . Maybe I’m expecting too much out of it but I would expect this vehicle to be able to handle dirt road with out any issue. While driving at around 20 mph I could hear excessive rattling and squeaking from what I thought to be in the front left area of the LC. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Neither does mine. In fact, the vehicle seems to handle such roads supremely well. Although mine is a 1958 and doesn’t have a lot of stuff tacked on.

Maybe your squeak has something to do with the front sway bar disconnect? Might want to try cycling that on and off.

Doesn’t the sway bar disconnect go off over 20 mph ? I did have on and I believe it just turned it self off.

Doesn’t the sway bar disconnect go off over 20 mph ? I did have on and I believe it just turned it self off.
Yeah, I found it turned off around 18 or 19mph sadly. It does soften up the rough dirt roads a bit, i just wish it could stay on up to 25mph at least.

Yeah , I’m not sure what was going on yesterday. But it was squeaking and rattling I believed to be way too much. It was just a little bumpy dirt road nothing too crazy. Maybe the tires bouncing not aired down? I dunno. But once hit the pavement smooth as butter.

Just watched a YouTube video about a rattling skid plate under the engine/transmission. Guy crawled under with a camera and sure enough found the problem. You might check your skid plates to be sure they are properly aligned and tightened.

Just watched a YouTube video about a rattling skid plate under the engine/transmission. Guy crawled under with a camera and sure enough found the problem. You might check your skid plates to be sure they are properly aligned and tightened.
Can you provide link please.

Sorry. I’ve watched so many videos on the Land Cruiser I went back to try to find it but didn’t. I did find a video that talks about the skid plate and rattle potential called 2024 Land Cruiser Needs a Better Skid Plate so try searching that. The reviewer doesn’t mince words on what’s he thinks of the underside of the LC.

Back